Canucks Appreciation Thread

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Given all the noise, I think we need a thread where can enter and be surrounded with positivity.

Currently, the Canucks have won 3 games in a row, Tortorella is doing an excellent job of making them play aggressive, Shinkaruk/Horvat are off to a 2 PPG pace, and Canucks have the best opening production of any team.

Lets appreciate that and forget about the baseless assumptions and speculation built on nothing but fear.

This thread is to appreciate the Canucks and their success.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Sure, what the hell. I am liking Tortorella a lot more than I originally had. So I was wrong in my assessment of him.

I feel that Torts is the perfect coach to follow AV. Through AV this core learned great systems play. Torts has brought back the passion and emotion which was severely lacking, seems like a far more resilient coach than AV (no more meltdowns/implosions, yay) and I think that an all-out attack, aggressive style really suits this team - the Sedins in particular thrive in this sort of a mentality.

That being said - I'm not sold on the obsession with shot-blocking, and the forward depth (especially the 3rd line C, and/or Ryan Kesler) makes me puke in my mouth a bit.

But yes, the team has looked entertaining and is winning. Tonight is a huge test, but things look promising in regards to the Canucks making the playoffs this year.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

I fully expect this thread to change soon, as early as 7:35pm tonight.

Anyway, one thing I will say though is that for the first time in a long time (maybe ever), I have full faith in the decisions and abilities of the coaching staff.

NonBruinHatingCanuck

May 28, 2011
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

I fully expect this thread to change soon, as early as 7:35pm tonight.

Anyway, one thing I will say though is that for the first time in a long time (maybe ever), I have full faith in the decisions and abilities of the coaching staff.

i have faith i havent felt this positive about the Nucks since 2011 I even feel this team has potential to be better it almost feels like we have no weak links our worst player is sestito and I have faith Kesler will ony get better as thes eason goes on he needs to just keep plugging away and he;lll get it back.

Go Canucks Go!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad