Confirmed with Link: Canucks Acquire Philip Larsen from Edmonton for 2017 5th round pick

Toxic0n

We are all mumps
Dec 10, 2008
Tank nation
Come on...you can do better than that...I don't think he was arguing that points in the KHL is the only factor.

Cam Barker isn't a good NHL level skater. And he has regular brain cramps in the defensive zone. They aren't comparable.

Can you enlighten us on Larsen's defensive game? You must have an opinion about since you claim it's better than Barker's? Thanks

Toxic0n

We are all mumps
Dec 10, 2008
Tank nation
I will be thoroughly amused if we get a 4th for Bartkowski and find out next year that Larsen is an upgrade. Not saying it will happen but if it does...
I'm sure there will be those around here who will still say the Larsen trade was a bad move. :laugh:

What makes you think Benning can get a 4th for Bart?

Just like all the posters that were saying that we would get a 3rd for Prust. Don't see them posting now

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
What makes you think Benning can get a 4th for Bart?

Just like all the posters that were saying that we would get a 3rd for Prust. Don't see them posting now

I don't....I was responding to another post that was suggesting that and said if they got a 4th I'd be amused.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Can you enlighten us on Larsen's defensive game? You must have an opinion about since you claim it's better than Barker's? Thanks

You probably need to go and re-read the dialogue yesterday where this was all covered. In any case, I said a few times that I would really like for someone who has actually followed Larsen to give some insight.

Toxic0n

We are all mumps
Dec 10, 2008
Tank nation
You probably need to go and re-read the dialogue yesterday where this was all covered. In any case, I said a few times that I would really like for someone who has actually followed Larsen to give some insight.
I'm not re-reading the whole thread.
So you actually don't have any insight into Larsen's defensive game? You must since you claimed he is better than Barker.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I'm not re-reading the whole thread.
So you actually don't have any insight into Larsen's defensive game? You must since you claimed he is better than Barker.

Nope....not anything other than surface. That was my main point. Only heard a few pundits on the day of the trade that said that Larsen was a better defender than Weber because he uses his stick better and he skates better. I heard and read enough to know he isn't anything like Barker and therefore the comparison is a bad one. But, that said, I'm not going to pretend that I know anything more than I learned from a few quick internet searches and hearing a couple of guys on the radio.

Toxic0n

We are all mumps
Dec 10, 2008
Tank nation
Fair enough, thanks.
I'm ambivalent about this deal until I actually see him play for us, hopefully Larsen can bring some much needed offense from the back end.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Fair enough, thanks.
I'm ambivalent about this deal until I actually see him play for us, hopefully Larsen can bring some much needed offense from the back end.

I think that's wise. That's what I'm thinking too.

Should add that one of the guys on the radio said he thinks the game well which helps his d-zone work. His big downside is that he's 'slight'.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Fair enough, thanks.

I wish more people would do that for all acquisitions here... Would make for a lot less hysterical board.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
What is his incentive to sign with the Canucks? Not rhetorical, honest question.

Tanev
Biega
Subban

That's the notable right side depth in the entire organization. I think opportunity would be his incentive.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
What is his incentive to sign with the Canucks? Not rhetorical, honest question.

Take a little less money now in order to prove he can play in the NHL and then get the bigger prize later. He will get decent money in the KHL (and more in the short term) but, if he still hasd a desire to play in the best league in the world and potetnially get big bucks later, he needs to make the move now given that he's 26. His best move is to sign a 1 or 2 year deal with Vancouver and if it doesn't work out he will be welcomed back to the KHL.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
What's the status of this guy's KHL team?...If they're out early, can he be signed and arrive in time to help either the Canucks or Utica?

Jati

Jan 30, 2011
They're in the western conference semifinals. Series tied 2-2

They're actually down 3-1 and Larsen got injured in the last game. I don't know how serious it's but I wouldn't be surprised if he is done for the season. Will know more tomorrow when Jokerit plays their next game.

Blueangel1891

Nov 24, 2007
Belgium
Ideally we trade Hammer now, resign him in the summer for 3 years and trade Edler at the draft

Hutton Tanev
Hamhuis XXX
Sbisa Larsen
Pedan/Biega/Whoever

Should be good enough, it's not like we're competing or anything.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Ideally we trade Hammer now, resign him in the summer for 3 years and trade Edler at the draft

Hutton Tanev
Hamhuis XXX
Sbisa Larsen
Pedan/Biega/Whoever

Should be good enough, it's not like we're competing or anything.

Top 8 next year...

Hutton Tanev
Edler Honka
Hamhuis Larsen

Pedan/Biega

If Larsen makes a good transition and Honka is ready to go....that would be a very fast, exciting top 6 to watch. Problem is getting Honka...

Edit: fixed Edler ommission

Last edited:

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
Top 8 next year...

Hutton Tanev
Hamhuis Honka
Sbisa Larsen

Pedan/Biega

If Larsen makes a good transition and Honka is ready to go....that would be a very fast, exciting top 6 to watch. Problem is getting Honka...

Slot Edler with Tanev, move the left side down a notch each, and waive Sbisa. c:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00