Post-Game Talk: Canucks 5, Penguins 2 - Looks Like I Picked The Wrong Week to Quit Drinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
kIr7ht.gif

Reactions: madinsomniac

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I liked their moxy

- Letang is special

- You can never get enough Kuhn in a game

- Phil is playing well this year, but he's pretty pedestrian 5 on 5 without Geno

- There are no collection of adjectives that can sufficiently capture just how god awful this team is 5 on 5

- Murray deserves better

Reactions: BHD

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I liked how we played. Especially without Geno. The Nucks were just luckier. Oh well, good game.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
There just is no cohesion... how many shots or passes did we lose out on cause we weren't ready or expecting them... legs aren't moving till we aredown in games... lots of nonsense but its all correctable

Reactions: KIRK

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Get some fresh legs up here. Archibald and Di Pauli deserve spots on the 4th line. Sprong and ZAR can play top 9.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It's hard to even start talking about this game...

Ignore the third because VAN let up on them after being up three goals. Pens played better but it's hard to assess

They are just a bad team. Our underachieving players Sid and Letang still are not playing well

We can't buy a goal...poor PDO killed the Kings last year too and they missed the playoffs. No sure thing...
Hopefully the players get pissed and it spurs them on

Edit...worst of it is they are just boring to watch...really

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
There just is no cohesion... how many shots or passes did we lose out on cause we weren't ready or expecting them... legs aren't moving till we aredown in games... lots of nonsense but its all correctable

As I've said, last year, Sid and Geno just kind of willed so much to happen, especially early in the season, that it never looked like this, even when a lot of guys were in cruise control. So, now, you're combining Sid and Geno not being able to do that again, at least not this early in the season, with a crap bottom six and a little less collectively from the goaltending in terms of stealing games . . . I just keep going back to thinking the ball ultimately may be in JR's court this time where adding a better 3C (a Huala type) and tinkering at the margins won't be enough.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah, the Penguins are either being stubborn with Sprong or there's something else going on there with him. It doesn't make sense for a team who's struggling to score goals to keep a prolific goal scoring prospect in the AHL. The Penguins have 4 of the exact same player on the roster in Archibald, McKegg, Rowney and Kuhnhackl. Do you really need all 4 of those guys on the roster?

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
man Penguins post game show must be one of the worst television programs on all TV, got to get through to see Sully's presser

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
What happened to Rust? Did he fall off a cliff? He's being buried somewhere where he has zero impact on the game....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad