Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4 @ Sharks 2 | Wait what??

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
He is not a fan of this team.

We all want the same thing for this team... A cup. People will have their different opinions on how we get there... Obviously I think anti-tankers are very wrong, and that winning at this point will only hurt us, but that's my opinion. I think we desperately need elite young talent to replace the Sedins, and I don't think that the prospects we have now will do that. Some may beg to differ...

It's historically proven that you need elite talent to win a cup, outside of a few fluke runs... Chicago has top picks in their lineup, LA has top picks in their lineup... etc... It's the way to build a contender in this league. We were able to build one around prime Kesler, Luongo and the Sedins. That's 4 elite players, with a lot of very good players surrounding them... I, personally, think that we have a lot of potential 'very good' players in our prospect pool... I just think we need elite. Could some turn into elite level players? Sure, but a top 3 pick makes the chance of that increase a lot.

JA

Those who want the Canucks to win any of these last five games may certainly still be fans; they just don't think logically nor do they have much foresight.

They prefer the short-term high without considering the potential long-term consequences.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Those who want the Canucks to win any of these last five games may certainly still be fans; they just don't think logically nor do they have much foresight.

They prefer the short-term high without considering the potential long-term consequences.
That must be it. We don't think good.

Take it to the tank thread.

Last edited:

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site

This is such an obvious truth. Loudest cheers after this game were in places like Edmonton, Toronto and Calgary.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
If today I learned anything, it's that the Canucks winning one game is literally worse than Hitler.

The streak was going to be broken sooner or later. Step away from ledge, take some deep breaths. Everything is going to be ok. Our odds of winning Matthews is virtually the same. Relax.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Quietly impressed with Granlund....guy needs to get a lot stronger obviously but he has a sound two-way game....could also stand to improve on the dot, but so do most of the Canuck centres....great last shift in this game...beat out an icing call with some nice speed, and then snapped in the empty-netter.

Upoil

Zaboomafoo
Aug 8, 2010
Bermuda
If today I learned anything, it's that the Canucks winning one game is literally worse than Hitler.

The streak was going to be broken sooner or later. Step away from ledge, take some deep breaths. Everything is going to be ok. Our odds of winning Matthews is virtually the same. Relax.

It's people like you using the word literally wrong that has literally changed the definition of the word.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
I've been liking Gaunce's game. Very strong. Makes a lot of smart little decisions with the puck and body position to keep possession.

Should be a shoe-in for the 4th line C position next year, but you have to wonder what's going to happen with Granlund needing waivers.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I've been liking Gaunce's game. Very strong. Makes a lot of smart little decisions with the puck and body position to keep possession.

Should be a shoe-in for the 4th line C position next year, but you have to wonder what's going to happen with Granlund needing waivers.

I remember watching an interview with Gaunce shortly after he was drafted. I think he was a PPG player that season and the interviewer guy was asking about his season and Gaunce said something along the lines of "i focus on doing the little things right".

I've noticed the same things as you. He works hard and really does make those smart little decisions on the ice and wins pucks battles. I think he's be a good fit at 4C or the 4LW spot.

I hope that Gaunce, McCann, Horvat, Virtanen, (Laine/Pulju/Mathews/Chychrun), Sven
are all on the team next year. Lots of youth there.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
This is such an obvious truth. Loudest cheers after this game were in places like Edmonton, Toronto and Calgary.

You would think our management group would have an axe to grind with some of these clubs. Simply letting them get the better players, because we need to win some meaningless hockey games is sheer idiocy.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
the canucks have never been beaten at the shark tank since 2012? this tidbit was made earlier by the sportsnet crew before the game started. thats pretty impressive.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
the canucks have never been beaten at the shark tank since 2012? this tidbit was made earlier by the sportsnet crew before the game started. thats pretty impressive.

I think Miller has been making a case to where he wants to play next year. HINT HINT.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan

So, you're saying they're circumcised? I don't get it. ???

oh, come on :naughty:

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan

They're like the opposite Flames at Ducks.

The Canucks don't win many games, but they do win some.

I've changed my tune. Regardless of the final standings, the Canucks will be picking first or second. Yes, you can take that to the bank.:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad