Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3 @ Senators 4 (OT) - PGT: Everybody Sucks Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
sorry boys... but when we score 3 and still lose the game I will 100% blame it on the goalie.

Tonight we spot Eddie Lack who I have no confidence a 3 goal lead we still blow it, although tonight it seems like it was the zebras. Some rough luck, hopefully fortune will turn it around for him.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
sorry boys... but when we score 3 and still lose the game I will 100% blame it on the goalie.

Tonight we spot Eddie Lack who I have no confidence a 3 goal lead we still blow it, although tonight it seems like it was the zebras. Some rough luck, hopefully fortune will turn it around for him.

Seeing the goals, tough to blame eddie for all 4

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Don't apologize for being wrong. It's okay. :)

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
He still saved over 40 shots and actually had better stats than the goalie we lost to. It's not like he completely lost us the game in the first 30 minutes. Our defense right now though needs some serious work regardless of who is in net. We are an Edler or Tanev injury away from last year's debacle all over again.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Not even considering wins, losses or points, this team has played pretty well this roadtrip. They deserved a better fate in Toronto, had Miller not played like he did, we would've had a good chance at winning that one. This team has competed well this whole trip, I feel, and I think that's just as important, if not more important, than the results right now.

This team has heart, determination and fight.

What I like is even when we're beaten down on the scoreboard, we claw back to make it look respectable. We had a good chance of coming back down 0-4 against Toronto. Last season, we'd have quit in the first. Tonight the guys didn't show as much push back but between the refs, a back to back and a long roadtrip. I'm going to call this a one off. We still played decent all things considered.

Last edited:

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Eddie lack, despite the loss, made 41 saves out of 45 shots.

That's .911.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Sidenote: Can we talk about how little this city cares about this team?

I moved here last year after being a Canuck fan for 20 years and couldn't be more disappointed. Every time I go somewhere to watch the game we are playing on one small TV with 3 people watching while everyone else is watching NFL or the Whitecaps or whatever. Today when Ottawa won in OT the 6 people who weren't watching the NFL game cheered. It's embarrassing. Are we the worst Canadian city for hockey? Discuss.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
What I like is even when we're beaten down on the scoreboard, we claw back to make it look respectable. We had a good chance of coming back down 0-4 against Toronto. Last season, we'd have quiet in the first. Tonight the guys didn't show as much push back but between the refs, a back to back and a long roadtrip. I'm going to call this a one off. We still played decent all things considered.

Agreed.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012

I moved here last year after being a Canuck fan for 20 years and couldn't be more disappointed. Every time I go somewhere to watch the game we are playing on one small TV with 3 people watching while everyone else is watching NFL or the Whitecaps or whatever. Today when Ottawa won in OT the 6 people who weren't watching the NFL game cheered. It's embarrassing. Are we the worst Canadian city for hockey? Discuss.

cheering for the canucks isn't hip anymore

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

I really hope this is just bad satire that I'm not getting. If not, :shakehead * 1000.

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

That's .911.

And passed the eye test with flying carpets, I'd say. When you allow 45 shots, there's a different problem.

Apparently not.

I cheered when Richardson scored and almost felt stupid/embarrassed about it. Good grief. It's like I'm living in Toronto or something.

Were you at a bar? It's pretty bad downtown. Not a lot of interest for the people that spend their day there in watching hockey but at bars its usually alright.

We have a sporadic fan base. We're sprinkled out but there are a lot of us. The diehards that is, not the casual fan who couldn't list off a 1/2 of our bottom 6 forwards.

lousy

Jul 20, 2004
Calgary

That's .911.

Weren't people just complaining that was below the league average earlier today? I am so confused at where you are all selectively placing your hate.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Last season's team would have folded like a house of cards during the second period penalties to the tune of a 7-3 final or something. Had no gas in the tank after that though. 6th on the road and back to back.

Lack was a beast. Way too many shots, most from the PK though. Total write off of a game overall.

1st goal: 5-on-3 unstoppable rebound
2nd: Weber own goal
3rd: Zibanejad nice play
OT: bad change by Sedins

If we can get a point out of MTL I'll consider the trip a success.

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Last season's team would have folded like a house of cards during the second period penalties to the tune of a 7-3 final or something.

If Miller was in net, it probably would have been. He was not good at all yesterday, something seems off with him. I have low expectations of him, but even for Miller's usual standard he's been struggling.

Alpha

英霊
Dec 15, 2011

Hangover from 2011.

linden79

May 13, 2011
Speaking of changes...The sens have a play where Anderson dashes out and advances the puck to catch the other team on a line change. They used it several times in the game, and it seemed pretty effective. I'd love to see the nucks try something like it.

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Speaking of changes...The sens have a play where Anderson dashes out and advances the puck to catch the other team on a line change. They used it several times in the game, and it seemed pretty effective. I'd love to see the nucks try something like it.

Given the puck handling ability of our last two starters I can see why some might not want to. But Lack actually looks alright when he comes out of the net.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Depends on the bar and area of town, is what I have found. Definitely some places that just aren't that into it, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad