Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3 @ Senators 4 (OT) - PGT: Everybody Sucks Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Speaking of changes...The sens have a play where Anderson dashes out and advances the puck to catch the other team on a line change. They used it several times in the game, and it seemed pretty effective. I'd love to see the nucks try something like it.

I'd like to see that as well such a luxury to have a goalie help you break out of your own zone, I haven't seen enough of Miller's puck handling but Lack seems pretty good at it. Price is pretty good at it too something to watch for next game.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Managed our loss, as Garret would say. If you can go .500 on the road you're in good shape. Already achieved that with a game to play.

Give OTT credit, their forecheck had us pinned in at times. Refs didn't help, but Ottawa outplayed us after the first 25 minutes or so. Pocket the point and hit the ice tub.

Lack played very well, but the 4 GAA make Miller vs Montreal an easy choice.

Liked Jensen early, but it's tough to play 3 rookie forwards on the road. Like to see him get at least a couple more consecutive games.

Defense is what it is at this point. Feel like it's a lost opportunity to get a look at some guys that might be needed down the stretch or in the playoffs.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Managed our loss, as Garret would say. If you can go .500 on the road you're in good shape. Already achieved that with a game to play.

Give OTT credit, their forecheck had us pinned in at times. Refs didn't help, but Ottawa outplayed us after the first 25 minutes or so. Pocket the point and hit the ice tub.

Lack played very well, but the 4 GAA make Miller vs Montreal an easy choice.

Liked Jensen early, but it's tough to play 3 rookie forwards on the road. Like to see him get at least a couple more consecutive games.

Defense is what it is at this point. Feel like it's a lost opportunity to get a look at some guys that might be needed down the stretch or in the playoffs.

I don't know about that. Miller gave up 4 goals on 14 shots against Toronto, Lack gave up 4 on 45 - very different.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I don't know about that. Miller gave up 4 goals on 14 shots against Toronto, Lack gave up 4 on 45 - very different.

Miller's 4th also got him chased out of the game
Lack's 4th still atleast had us get a point out of the game

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
I don't know about that. Miller gave up 4 goals on 14 shots, Lack gave up 4 on 45 - very different.

For sure, but Willie seems to follow the path of least controversy when making some roster decisions. If Lack had only allowed 1, maybe 2 or at least got the W then maybe there's a decision to make. Four against, the #1 goes back in. I do agree Lack is playing better right now, but can't see him getting the next start.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC

Lack made 41 saves tonight.

Here's a list of games from this year where Miller made 40+ saves:

(null set)

Of course, tough to see 40 shots when half your starts are against the Edmontons of the NHL.

Of course he gave up 4 to Edmonton twice anyway. :lol:

Having said that, Miller will start against Montréal. I agree with what you're saying; I think if Lack had made a 44 save shutout it would make things tough on WDJ but given that we lost he'll go back to his main guy,

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009

For sure, but Willie seems to follow the path of least controversy when making some roster decisions. If Lack had only allowed 1, maybe 2 or at least got the W then maybe there's a decision to make. Four against, the #1 goes back in. I do agree Lack is playing better right now, but can't see him getting the next start.

Yeah, would like to see Lack start the next game but I think that's what will happen too. Even if Lack had got the win today. WD seems like he wants to get Miller going and give him the benefit of the doubt for now, which is unfortunate because I think Lack's already at least on par with Miller in terms of capability as an NHL goalie.

I can understand a rookie coach wanting to go with the veteran, but at some point I just hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the ass with the way he's handled the goaltending decisions so far. The guy making 6M should be held to a higher standard.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Yeah, would like to see Lack start the next game but I think that's what will happen too. Even if Lack had got the win today. WD seems like he wants to get Miller going and give him the benefit of the doubt for now, which is unfortunate because I think Lack's already at least on par with Miller in terms of capability as an NHL goalie.

I can understand a rookie coach wanting to go with the veteran, but at some point I just hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the ass with the way he's handled the goaltending decisions so far. The guy making 6M should be held to a higher standard.

Benning put Desjardins in a tight spot when it comes to goaltending. It is, and will be, literally impossible for Lack to get more starts than Miller. He may very well outplay him on a consistent basis, but it'll be trivial in the end. The 6 million dollar goalie will be the starter until his contract runs out. It was pretty much agreed upon as a bad move by everybody around here.

Only an injury can displace Miller.

But trying to take the frustration out of the equation, and looking at the bigger picture, Eddie Lack needs to do a crap load more to earn a starters role in the NHL. Last season didn't really shine a positive light.

Not being a fan of Miller's at all, best case scenario would be us getting a 2nd-3rd rounder or an equivalent prospect for him either at the upcoming draft or next years deadline. I'd love Lack or Markstrom to take over.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Miller will start against Montreal for sure. He's gonna have to put a really good night though

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I was looking at the previous games ottowa played, and I think hearing they are on a 5 game loosing streak made me more upset we lost this game, and while its still disappointing between the reffing and us either out gas or packing it up at 3-0, i will give ottowa credit. Outside the lightening game the 5 game loosing streak (and nearly every loss this season) has been extremely close 1 goal games against good teams including two against the hawks (One the hawks barely edged them in a shootout). Talking to a few other fans of the other teams (pens, and isles) the games were extremely close.

They also beat some pretty decent teams in nashville, st. louis, minesotta, and detroit. I just dont pay much attention to the sens and kept hearing 5 game loosing streak along with the coach maybe fired and figured it was bad. If Maclean is on the hotseat for loosing tight games against good teams, i hate think where eakins and berube should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad