Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3 Rangers 2 OT (Miller x 2, Podkolzin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
1st period was a snoozefest.. 2nd period was agony as a Canucks fan as we watched our lifeless power play trot out doing absolutely nothing.

But that 3rd period? Beautiful.

I've been critical of bozo lately, but beautiful way to end that game. Garland was great. Podkolzin was dynamite and picked up a couple extra shifts. Demko with the Hasek-esque performance during the 5 on 3.

Petey sucks. I barely noticed Boeser this game.

Onto the next one.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
That two man kill near end of third was when I knew they couldn't lose. I mean come on how could they lose after that and Miller made damn sure love that second effort on winning goal !! Garland with beauty pass for first goal as well love that kid !!

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Hughes Strongest game of the year from an underlying standpoint.
Reminds me of games he had when he was a rookie

He's got to be credited with his overtime defense
-he got stuck on Kreider who is 6'4 - 235ibs, and he kept him to the outside, and didnt chase him behind the net which he normally would have done, he cut quickly in front of Demko then deflected a pass out to center.
-Then his back check in OT saved them as he stripped the puck then set up Miller

Those are the games i love

DRich82

Sep 30, 2009
Podkolzin needs to be with a playmaker. He can bang and crash and has hands. He needs to be in the top 6.

Hughes is too static on the PP1. His game is movement and improvisation, and a PP is something at times almost foreign to him. He's great in the zone 5 on 5 (because there's no man advantage so movement is necessary) but I'd rather OEL on the 1st unit where he can be a veteran presence and get his shot through, and let the other guys have the puck. Hughes is perfect for the 2nd unit where he can have the puck and help add a ton of skill.

If the 1st unit isn't scoring, try 50/50 and split em:
Boeser Horvat Petey
Garland OEL

Podz Chiasson Hog
Hughes Miller(takes draw)

And back to Podkolzin. If he needs to be in the Top 6, then you add Boeser Miller and you can only add one more winger. If it's Garland, than Hoglander is with Dickinson.
Right now, Dickinson hasn't shown enough offensively other than a sneaky wrist shot, so I think you have to consider an offensive upgrade. That's why Miller has been the "third line centre" but I don't think right now he's capable of carrying a line. Not sure how Petan was playing in Abby, but I'd consider him with Garland and Pods, and give Bo's line the matchups against top lines, and have the Lotto line in tact.

Reactions: Indiana

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Put Petan in for Bailey and give the bottom 6 a boost in some much needed speed.

Chuck1377

Jul 9, 2021
Podkolzin needs to be with a playmaker. He can bang and crash and has hands. He needs to be in the top 6.

Hughes is too static on the PP1. His game is movement and improvisation, and a PP is something at times almost foreign to him. He's great in the zone 5 on 5 (because there's no man advantage so movement is necessary) but I'd rather OEL on the 1st unit where he can be a veteran presence and get his shot through, and let the other guys have the puck. Hughes is perfect for the 2nd unit where he can have the puck and help add a ton of skill.

If the 1st unit isn't scoring, try 50/50 and split em:
Boeser Horvat Petey
Garland OEL

Podz Chiasson Hog
Hughes Miller(takes draw)

And back to Podkolzin. If he needs to be in the Top 6, then you add Boeser Miller and you can only add one more winger. If it's Garland, than Hoglander is with Dickinson.
Right now, Dickinson hasn't shown enough offensively other than a sneaky wrist shot, so I think you have to consider an offensive upgrade. That's why Miller has been the "third line centre" but I don't think right now he's capable of carrying a line. Not sure how Petan was playing in Abby, but I'd consider him with Garland and Pods, and give Bo's line the matchups against top lines, and have the Lotto line in tact.

Don't think PPs are foreign to quinn hughes.

Reactions: Indiana

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I think it’s time to drop Lammikko and put in Petan for a few games. 0 points in 10 games and just looks meh.

Reactions: VintageBure
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad