Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3 - Kings 0 || Ryan Miller, who are you and where did you come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Allthough there might be a hint of truth to #2 I think it was largely exaggerated around here. Weise played hard in his minutes and tried to make plays with the puck. There's nothing wrong with that. He was playing well and deserved more than the 8 minutes a night he was getting and was rightfully unhappy about the situation.

Yeah. Absolutely.

He got the shaft when Torts came to town here. He deserved better...but that was Torts for you. Sucks that his weird grudge led to a pretty sucky pick in return, after the Diaz thing was all said and done.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I do. Weber had a nice stretch last season but for most of his career he has been a frequent healthy scratch.

Has he? I don't know about that. Seems like he's played most of the available games since becoming a regular in 2011-12.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Has he? I don't know about that. Seems like he's played most of the available games since becoming a regular in 2011-12.

I'm talking about Yannick Weber. Not Shea Weber. Who are you talking about?

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
I do. Weber had a nice stretch last season but for most of his career he has been a frequent healthy scratch.

Sbisa does play his best hockey against bigger, heavier teams. I thought he played his best game as a Canuck against LA. This is where the 'size and physicality' play a big role as Linden said in his post-season presser.

On the same topic, I'm not surprised Virtanen showed more in the 9 minutes vs Baertschi who was practically invisible and was knocked off the puck. Anyone who thinks you don't need size sprinkled in your lineup is dreaming. You can't win on skill alone.

Although Virtanen didn't put anything on the board, he was noticeable when on the ice and looked like a regular NHL'er.

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
Willie's style really is tailor made for the road, thought we were excellent in the neutral zone tonight.

Edler and Tanev really need to start getting more praise, I love the Sedins but they're our best players right now. Miller was calm and collective and gave the Kings nothing.

Really need to start tinkering with the lines IMO, we need to get Radim going so play him with the twins ffs.

Sedin / Sedin / Vrbata
Bae / Horvat / Virtanen
Burrows / Sutter / Hansen
Prust / Cracknell / Dorsett

No McCann?

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

He was by far our most dangerous offensive threat from the backend last year and almost single handedly saved our powerplay.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Yannik Weber? What are you talking about? His first season here, Weber was placed on waivers and sent to Utica. You can't honestly tell me that you don't remember Weber being a frequent healthy scratch here.

He was by far our most dangerous offensive threat from the backend last year and almost single handedly saved our powerplay.

Right. But that doesn't disprove my point that he's been a frequent healthy scratch for most of his career. And yet again he's started the season off being out of the lineup.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

Exactly, it's ridiculous seeing our 4th best even strength d-man and bets PP dman being sit, it doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Right. But that doesn't disprove my point that he's been a frequent healthy scratch for most of his career. And yet again he's started the season off being out of the lineup.

That's such a terrible argument. "uh yeah he's good at hockey but he's been a healthy scratch throughout his career so it's smart to play inferior players over him"

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Also thought that was one of the worst games Drew Doughty has even played, he looked like Jack Johnson out there, trying to do way too much. Personally, I think he's the best dman in the league but he looked terrible last game.

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
Yannik Weber? What are you talking about? His first season here, Weber was placed on waivers and sent to Utica. You can't honestly tell me that you don't remember Weber being a frequent healthy scratch here.

I never said that. The only thing I'm saying is that he hasn't been a healthy scratch for "most of his career" like you were claiming.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
That's such a terrible argument. "uh yeah he's good at hockey but he's been a healthy scratch throughout his career so it's smart to play inferior players over him"
Maybe you should follow the discussion and figure out what we're discussing before you respond.

I never said that. The only thing I'm saying is that he hasn't been a healthy scratch for "most of his career" like you were claiming.

I said he's been a frequent healthy scratch for most of his career. That's different from saying he has been scratched more games than he has played.

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
I said he's been a frequent healthy scratch for most of his career. That's different from saying he has been scratched more games than he has played.

I'm not sure how you would define that if it's not the latter sentence tbh, though it's kind of beside the point regardless.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I was following the argument you clearly suggested that you thought sbisa was better than weber because Weber has been a frequent healthy scratch his entire career. it's a terrible argument, objectively Weber is much better at hockey but whatever man.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I'm not sure how you would define that if it's not the latter sentence tbh, though it's kind of beside the point regardless.

It's pretty easy to define and pretty much universally understood. If a player usually sits / out of the lineup when everyone is healthy, he is a frequent healthy scratch. That's the case for Weber for most of his career.

It's not beside the point. Even during that wonderful stretch he has, there were questions as to whether he's good enough defensively to be a regular. Weber was a depth defensemen on this team for most of his time here and likely wouldn't have been re-signed if not for the 2nd half surge last season. It's on him to establish himself as a full-time NHL defensemen. For most of his career he's been a frequent healthy scratch. He has been the 7th defenseman. This season, he has started out as the team's 7th defenseman and wouldn't have played a game if not for Edler's absence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad