Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3 @ Avalanche 1 - 6:00PM PST - SPAC (Warning Post #226)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

large.png
@
large.png

WHEN: February 9th, 6:00PM PST
WHERE: Pepsi Center, Denver, CO
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: TSN 1040

Last edited by a moderator:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Abbott pretty much confirmed the line-up on TSN 1040 following the game day skate:

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen
Dorsett-Sutter-Vrbata
Burrows-Vey-Etem
McCann/Cracknell

No word on changes to the defense so I assume it's the same as last game:

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Sbisa
Hutton - Bartkowski
Biega

Markstrom
Miller

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
I'm happy with the kid line... I'd rather put Sutter with the Twins and sit Dorsett with McCann taking 3rd line C. Other than that and the Barfkowski and Biega swap it looks good. Marky in net. We may actually win :/ sucks cause it's a big night for the tank. I guess that's why Bartkowski and Dorsett are in instead of McCann and Biega. Now we just need Miller.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
I'm feeling a 4-2 loss with an empty netter. Horvat will be on the ice for the empty net goal, as always. Gotta keep him in the +/- race after all.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Sbisa and Bartowski, the unscratchables. I remember getting roasted here about two weeks ago for saying that Biega will be first to be scratched when Hamhuis got healthy over Sbisa or Bart. I think some peoples owe me an apology. Shows them right for being optimistic when it comes to the clown show running this team.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Sbisa and Bartowski, the unscratchables. I remember getting roasted here about two weeks ago for saying that Biega will be first to be scratched when Hamhuis got healthy over Sbisa or Bart. I think some peoples owe me an apology. Shows them right for being optimistic when it comes to the clown show running this team.

I'll admit I was wrong. Even with quotes like, "he won't come out. Somebody else will come out," from WD, Biega was the first to sit...

The glass ceiling is real for Vrbata. We all know he's gone at the end of the month, but could playing him with the Sedins for a few games really hurt? He has good results with them over a long sample.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Markstrom is fun to watch.

Canucks likely shocked by the idea that you can trade your Captain, even with term! How recently was Phaneuf good? How will Toronto market the team, now? Won't the team quit on the ice?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen
Dorsett-Sutter-Vrbata
Burrows-Vey-Etem

No word on changes to the defense so I assume it's the same as last game:

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Sbisa
Hutton - Bartkowski

Markstrom

Kid line reunited. i like it.
Vrbata was silent when Baertschi and Horvat were going last month.. has continued to be silent.
Moving Virtanen up with em should create a little more havoc for the opposition in the offensive zone... The Horvat line was getting pinned however with Vrbata on there.. we'll see how they can push the puck up the ice with Virtanen now. One thing that's been impressive with Virtanen post-World Jr's... his defensive ability... all talk of him being defensively sub-par has been greatly exaggerated form what i've seen.
Nothing wrong with the Vey line lately..
Will be interesting to see how the mishmash of Dorsett-Sutter-Vrbata look... could work to play the opposition to a wash... 3 defensively capable guys, two of them with great shots.

Can't look any worse.

Need the Twins to surge back. If they don't start scoring.. well.. you know.

Man that Cgy game was a punch in the gut.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
If Miller were starting, I'd predict a loss. But with Markstrom, I think we're gonna win.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Bartkowski has been real good. He's a good skater. real good.

So Beiga sitting again...McCann sitting, and Vrbata on the fourth line when they need to be showcasing him at the very least....I'm past getting worked up about the lineup moves of our junior hockey coach anymore....just another day closer to a merciful firing at the end of the season.

BuzzBuzz

Apr 7, 2011
Will be interesting to see how the mishmash of Dorsett-Sutter-Vrbata look... could work to play the opposition to a wash... 3 defensively capable guys, two of them with great shots.

Not sure where you get the idea that Dorsett is defensively capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad