• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
1. Quinn Hughes (166/183)
2. Vasili Podkolzin (107/153)

goalie-thatcher-demkoof-the-vancouver-canucks-make-a-save-against-the-picture-id851426268.jpg

3. Thatcher Demko, G, Vancouver - 36th Overall, 2014
(92/125 votes)
2018 Rank - #3

Added Guillaume Brisebois. Also now giving the opportunity for voters to change their votes, owing to all of the error votes people have been complaining about.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I am feeling ridiculously conflicted on the Woo/Madden/Hoglander ordering.

Am probably going to go with the Hog.

Woo was drafted higher than Hoglander and had a very strong season to improve his stock since then. I don't see how Hoglander can be ahead of him.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Woo was drafted higher than Hoglander and had a very strong season to improve his stock since then. I don't see how Hoglander can be ahead of him.
Yup, went with Woo and it was an easy choice

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I am feeling ridiculously conflicted on the Woo/Madden/Hoglander ordering.

Am probably going to go with the Hog.
Woo ahead of both. Not sure about Madden and Hoglander yet. Madden had a great year but Hoglander's skillset is intriguing. Need another year to assess.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Honestly didn’t vote for Demko as I was sure he was considered graduated to NHL player now. So I voted for Tyler Madden again.
Imho he’s the only player outside the 1st round picks that’s tracked to closing in on his highest potential outlook.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia

Hoglander put up ES numbers in a men's league similar to Vesalainen, Nylander and Kempe at the same age and probably has more sheer upside with his skill level. Woo had a very good season but I can't see him becoming a whole lot more than an uneventful 4D with how he plays, which is still obviously a good result given his draft position.

But again, I think it's very close here. Will admit I don't follow the WHL nearly as closely as I follow the NCAA and SHL.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
for the most part i dont have a lot of hopes for the rest but i kind of gave an edge to Juolevi to Woo' for international, pro-experience and hockey iq.....not really impressed with Woo's iq whenever i saw him and for all we know he can just as struggle at the pro level or barely holding down his fort

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Took Hoglander, but in my eyes he's on par with Woo for the most part.

Surprised how many people took Juolevi here though...

Reactions: Red

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Woo should have been at three but he’s a lock here due to his fantastic D+1 season.

Juolevi hasn’t yet proven he can play any sort of passable defence at the pro level...too many red flags even if he looks like he might finally be getting close because he put up some points in the AHL.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
I voted for Woo as well. He tracking to potentially become a physical middle-pairing RHD. I just hope he can stay healthy.

Pretty closely followed by Hoglander and Madden.

Hoglander produced well in a men's league, and Madden obviously looked great in our last camp and the WJC.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton

Not arguing against your assessment of the players, but using draft slots is silly (for a multitude of reasons that I'm sure you'd agree with), especially across different years. Even within the same year, it would have been reasonable for someone to have Gadjovich over Lind despite the latter being drafted higher by the same team. Or McCann vs Virtanen in their d+1 year. Woo improved his stock sure, but so did a number of other players.

Hoglander was also considered a "faller" vs I don't recall Woo being seen as a first rounder.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I voted Madden here. I think he’s taken huge steps and is going to be a key Canuck. His two way game is what has really impressed me especially in international games. He needs to gain some weight but his hockey sense and work ethic is top notch already. Maybe tops out as a third line two way center but I think that’s an extremely valuable player.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Voted OJ in hope it is injury that affected last year's showing. Understand Woo, Holander and Madden being rated above by many as each of these 3 could be considered 1 st round value now and are younger. Holander showing vs his age group in dev. camp suggests he may be better than drafted. Woo has never played with adults though had better d 1 than OJ in some ways, Finally Madden impressed but still does he have elite enough skill for his size at pro level

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
Not arguing against your assessment of the players, but using draft slots is silly (for a multitude of reasons that I'm sure you'd agree with), especially across different years. Even within the same year, it would have been reasonable for someone to have Gadjovich over Lind despite the latter being drafted higher by the same team. Or McCann vs Virtanen in their d+1 year. Woo improved his stock sure, but so did a number of other players.

Hoglander was also considered a "faller" vs I don't recall Woo being seen as a first rounder.

I think there was a time when Woo was seen as a possible 1st rounder. Then he got hurt and when he came back was not given the offensive opportunities he had pre injury. Hence his stock dropped. But by season end I don't think anyone had him as 1st round material.

Fuimus

Jun 24, 2014
NCAA > WHL therefore I find Madden's season more impressive than Woo's. Hoglander being ahead of with Madden or Woo is just recency bias.

CanucksMJL

Context apologist.
Jul 6, 2009
I saw Woo in person only once, but I saw some PP QB in him. I did not see a lot of physical play, but he looked able to drive the play offensively. I know that isn't the book on him, but then again I only watched the one game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad