4. Jett Woo (59/145)
5. Nils Hoglander (45/118)
6. Tyler Madden (28/59)
7. Olli Juolevi (61/82)
8. Michael DiPietro (38/96)
9. Jack Rathbone (38/98)
10. Zack MacEwen (73/129)
11. Will Lockwood (36/114)

guillaume-brisebois-of-the-utica-comets-skates-in-warmup-prior-to-a-picture-id1055297288

12. Guillaume Brisebois, D, Utica - 66th Overall, 2015
37/103 votes (36.6%)
2018 ranking - #18

Added Silovs

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
Lind. He’s obviously struggled but he’s got a better chance of turning it around and making the NHL than the remaining players imo.

I would say Keppen has a better chance of making the NHL than Lind. Keppen had better production at the same age as Lind, who didn't really break out until his third WHL season. I also don't think Lind would flourish in a bottom 6 role, whereas Keppen has the size and the forechecking to excel there if he can get a little faster.

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
Keppen had better production at the same age as Lind, who didn't really break out until his third WHL season

Lind-

Draft -1: 0.59PPG
Draft year: 1.24PPG
Draft +1: 1.64PPG

Keppen-

Draft -1: 0.29PPG
Draft year: 0.87PPG

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
Lind age 17 season - 0.59PPG

Keppen age 17 season - 0.87PPG

Is that typically how prospects production gets cut up with guys that are 6 months apart? Pretty tough to compare their 16 year old season...

Don't you normally compare guys in the draft minus 1, draft and draft +1?

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Is that typically how prospects production gets cut up with guys that are 6 months apart? Pretty tough to compare their 16 year old season...

Don't you normally compare guys in the draft minus 1, draft and draft +1?
I always use birth year when comparing prospects. It's what every minor and junior league and tournament uses. From a young age Lind's peer group was other 98 borns and Keppen's was 01s.

Reactions: Red

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
I always use birth year when comparing prospects. It's what every minor and junior league and tournament uses. From a young age Lind's peer group was other 98 borns and Keppen's was 01s.

How do you compare their 16 year old Junior seasons?

Either way, one guy will be 6 months older in the comparison...

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Keppen for me. I like that he scored 30 on a junk team and actually showed effort throughout the year.

Add Karel Plasek/Jack Malone next I guess.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I would say Keppen has a better chance of making the NHL than Lind. Keppen had better production at the same age as Lind, who didn't really break out until his third WHL season. I also don't think Lind would flourish in a bottom 6 role, whereas Keppen has the size and the forechecking to excel there if he can get a little faster.
I think there’s a bias towards recently drafted players as we haven’t yet seen their warts. The reality is that a lot of these guys will struggle in the AHL just like Lind, Gadvodich, Cassels, Palmu etc.
I see Lind as having better skills and more likely to take the next step. There’s a reason Keppen was taken in the fourth round as he also has weaknesses to overcome.
Although to be fair at this point few if any of these guys are likely to be regular NHL players.

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
I think there’s a bias towards recently drafted players as we haven’t yet seen their warts. The reality is that a lot of these guys will struggle in the AHL just like Lind, Gadvodich, Cassels, Palmu etc.
I see Lind as having better skills and more likely to take the next step. There’s a reason Keppen was taken in the fourth round as he also has weaknesses to overcome.
Although to be fair at this point few if any of these guys are likely to be regular NHL players.

I think it's more of a case of there being a bias against players who have seen their development curve trend downwards. I don't view Keppen as being worth anything more than a 4th round pick. Lind on the other hand I would gladly trade for a 4th in next year's draft.

Reactions: Red and MS

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Some mix of Utunen, Rafferty, Keppen, Jasek here.

I'd rate all of those guys above Brisebois and Lockwood tbh.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Vote Lind again. I think he'll continue to improve, and re-establish himself as a top 10 prospect for us.

His season breakdown
1st 18Gp - 0G 2A 2Pts
Mid 18Gp - 2G 6A 9Pts
Final 15Gp - 3G 4A 7Pts

It was a really tough transition for Lind, and the injury he suffered delayed his growth imo.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Vote Lind again. I think he'll continue to improve, and re-establish himself as a top 10 prospect for us.

His season breakdown
1st 18Gp - 0G 2A 2Pts
Mid 18Gp - 2G 6A 9Pts
Final 15Gp - 3G 4A 7Pts

It was a really tough transition for Lind, and the injury he suffered delayed his growth imo.

The injury clause is not a good card to pull. The only Comets regular to not suffer an injury last season was MacEwen. It is the way of the game. You will get an injury and many more than one, but most return from the injury/ies and keep going on. A great example was Sautner suffering a broken face and missing 2 full months. He came back wearing a shield and was soon called up to Vancouver and played 17 consecutive games for the Canucks and remained with the Canucks for the remainder of their season.

Lind was actually better after the injury than before. This makes sense since he was hurt in game #8, had played 6 of them, and had 2 assists. He missed 13 games. The second injury was almost at the end of the season and when he returned there were only 3 games left and he played them all. He scored in the 2nd one and scored the ShootOut winner in the 3rd. So 14 of his 17 points came after the longest and first of his 2 injuries and before the second. He only missed 6 games the second time and came back just fine.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Lind was actually better after the injury than before. This makes sense since he was hurt in game #8, had played 6 of them, and had 2 assists. He missed 13 games. The second injury was almost at the end of the season and when he returned there were only 3 games left and he played them all. He scored in the 2nd one and scored the ShootOut winner in the 3rd. So 14 of his 17 points came after the longest and first of his 2 injuries and before the second. He only missed 6 games the second time and came back just fine.
I thought his last handful of games were easily his best. He was getting his shot off and completing some passes.

Reactions: OEL for Norris

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
That's just it, though. The fact that we haven't seen new draftees' warts yet ultimately manifests as potential. They have their D+1 to either increase or decrease their stock, whereas others have already done the latter. D+1 seasons are huge when it comes to evaluating prospects.

To no surprise, I voted Keppen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad