• other (specify below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
It's that time of year again, folks! Welcome back to the summer tradition of prospect rankings. Time to discuss, celebrate, and commiserate our prospect pool.

I laid out the criteria for what makes a 'prospect' in the welcome thread last week - you can find that here. For argument's sake, I will be including Thatcher Demko as a prospect. This is owing to the fact that, in past years, we've stuck strictly to the Hockey's Future criteria, even at the expense of practicality (see Goldobin in last year's poll, Virtanen in 2017's).

As with past years, we will limit each poll to 10 options and an 'other'. When sharing your vote in discussion, feel free to include "Add: whomever" - I'll add an option in the subsequent poll based on consensus. Polls will be open for the requisite 24 hours, and I will do my very best to keep to that schedule with the posting of subsequent threads - bear with me if I miss it by a few hours, though! There will be no polls over the weekend.

Here are the results from past years, graciously compiled by DomY:

1Bo HorvatBo HorvatJake VirtanenBrock BoeserBrock BoeserElias Pettersson
2Hunter ShinkarukJake VirtanenJared McCannOlli JuoleviElias PetterssonQuinton Hughes
3Frank CorradoHunter ShinkarukBrock BoeserThatcher DemkoOlli JuoleviThatcher Demko
4Niklas JensenNiklas JensenThatcher DemkoJake VirtanenThatcher DemkoOlli Juolevi
5Brendan GaunceBrendan GaunceCole CasselsNikita TryamkinJonathan DahlenJonathan Dahlen
6Jordan SchroederJared McCannHunter ShinkarukBrendan GaunceAdam GaudetteAdam Gaudette
7Eddie LackFrankie CorradoBrendan GaunceJordan SubbanNikolay GoldobinKole Lind
8Joacim ErikssonLinden VeyRonalds KeninsTroy StetcherJake VirtanenNikolay Goldobin
9Alexandre MalletBen HuttonFrank CorradoGuillaume BriseboisKole LindJett Woo
10Ben HuttonThatcher DemkoAdam Clendening*Adam GaudetteJonah GadjovichMichael DiPietro
11Henrik TommernesDane FoxBen HuttonAndrey PedanWill LockwoodJonah Gadjovich
12Peter AnderssonCole CasselsJordan SubbanCole CasselsJordan SubbanPetrus Palmu
13Ludwig BlomstrandJoacim ErikssonGuillaume BriseboisTate OlsonGuillaume BriseboisLukas Jasek
14Patrick McNallyNikita TryamkinAlex GrenierWilliam LockwoodMichael DiPietroTyler Madden
15Joe CannataJordan SubbanAndrey PedanCole CandellaZack MacEwenWill Lockwood
16Jordan SubbanEvan McEnenyDmitry ZhukenovMike ZalewskiEvan McEnenyJack Rathbone
17Darren ArchibaldRonalds KeninsNikita TryamkinDmitry ZhukenovJalen ChatfieldZack MacEwen
18Cole CasselsMichael ZalewskiNiklas JensenJakob StukelPetrus PalmuGuillaume Brisebois
19Evan McEnenyGustav ForslingLukas JasekCarl NeillJack RathboneToni Utenen
20Joseph LaBateAlexandre GrenierEvan McEnenyLukas JasekPhilip HolmAshton Sautner
21Kellan LainAnton CederholmDane Fox
22Anton CederholmKellan Lain
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Have fun, and happy arguing!

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
It's a weird barometer, I know. I just feel like Hughes is a full time NHLer already - there's no chance he's getting sent down next year. Evaluating prospects is evaluating the future of the team , and Hughes is the present. YMMV :dunno:
That's reasonable, I guess.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Just realized Hughes is still there, voted for Pod, but it's Hughes then Pod.

Then Demko considerably lower and then it's a mis-mash after that.

Not a very good pool overall for a team who's been this terrible for this long....and yay, we're going to be missing a 1st round pick in the next two years.

Reactions: vancityluongo

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
1. Hughes
2. Podkolzin
3. Demko
4. Woo
5. Madden
6. Hoglander
7. MacEwen
8. Juolevi
9. Dipietro
10. Lind

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Hughes is still a prospect and will be all season. He is easily the #1 prospect we have.

Reactions: Red

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Ummm... if Hughes is still considered a prospect, then why didn't we immediately go to voting for the #2 prospect?

Last edited:

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
My top 5 list:

Hughes
Podkolzin
Hoglander
Demko
Woo

I’m really high on Hoglander. I think he’s going to be a beauty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad