Prospect Info: Canucks 2018 Prospect Rankings - #7

Rank the Canucks #7 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
People are underselling Goldobin. Kid is still 22, I think he still has tons of potential.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
People are underselling Goldobin. Kid is still 22, I think he still has tons of potential.

He does have some potential, and plenty of skill...but the type of player he is, where he's at right now, and as Russian as he is...if he doesn't find a way to improve his play without the puck enough to lock down a Top-9 NHL roster spot this season...he'll be back in Russia where he can better leverage those tons of potential into a lucrative contract and a solid gig as a regular scoring line forward at a top level of play. It's no longer, "young player, still learning the defensive side of the game" with him now. It's a guy who is still fighting the same fatal flaw since he was drafted. With a clear "out" option if/when the NHL route looks blocked by an insurmountable defensive play barrier to entry.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
Wow what a crushing for Gaudette tho should have gone a few spots earlier. Pretty much DOUBLED the votes Juolevi got :yo:

Anyways voted for LBL here, super excited for this guy cant wait for his NHL debut in October 2019 :yo:
He went exactly where he should have, you need to calm down or you'll do your self a mischief.

Double the votes? Maybe because there was some doubt at that spot rather than Gaudette being the best of the rest?

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
People are underselling Gadjovich here. I am 95% sure that he will be an NHL regular, with his size, skill and competitiveness.
Tough call, but I voted Lind here, Gadjo next pick.
I give Goldobin maybe a 10% chance of making it. I see him heading to the KHL next summer.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
People are underselling Gadjovich here. I am 95% sure that he will be an NHL regular, with his size, skill and competitiveness.
I give Goldobin maybe a 10% chance of making it. I see him heading to the KHL next summer.
Yeah sounds like Gad has been working on his weakness: skating. Great to see!

Great that were at 8 and still have some excellent choices to go: Jasek, Gad, Dipi, Woo, Briesy, Brassard, Palmu, Rathy, Madden, Etc

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005

I'm more optimistic about Goldobin, but I also see him possibly heading back to Russia as early as this fall. If he's waived and not picked up, I don't think he'll report to Utica.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
I voted Goldobin only because he's gone over PPG in the AHL and so far that's what we HOPE Lind and Gadjovich do and they'd be our next best actual prospects. I don't think Goldy is a prospect anymore so I probably would have voted Lind.

Reactions: vancityluongo

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
KoleLind-1040x572.jpg

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I'm more optimistic about Goldobin, but I also see him possibly heading back to Russia as early as this fall. If he's waived and not picked up, I don't think he'll report to Utica.

Not a chance a 22 year old with top 6 potential makes it through 30 teams in waivers and goes to Utica.

Goldy has better NHL numbers than Beartschi did at 22. He should be given a full year opportunity this year on this bottom 3 team in an offensive role. If Benning loses him for nothing so he can play Eriksson, Gagner, Schaller, Grandlund, Roussel, Beagle it is just more complete incompetence.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Woo getting underrated, think will be voting him after LBL takes this round

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Not a chance a 22 year old with top 6 potential makes it through 30 teams in waivers and goes to Utica.

Goldy has better NHL numbers than Beartschi did at 22. He should be given a full year opportunity this year on this bottom 3 team in an offensive role. If Benning loses him for nothing so he can play Eriksson, Gagner, Schaller, Grandlund, Roussel, Beagle it is just more complete incompetence.

I also think he'd be claimed, but I certainly don't think there's "no chance." We'll see.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I will begrudgingly vote Goldobin. I don't really think he's a prospect anymore, but since he's on the list I guess he is for this purpose.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead

I like Gadjovich too. Ideally he will eventually be our countermeasure to Tkachuk.

That said, I think this next step will be the telling one for him. Does he have the strength and speed to play his game against men.

For this pick I’m taking Goblin. He’s shown more at a higher level.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Didn't play in the WJC, couldn't cut it in Utica at the end of the year. Yeah, let's slot him in ahead of Jasek and Goldobin. Makes sense.
That's a little harsh. Making the WJC team is not a given to anyone in their D+1 year. And what were you expecting from his first 6 pro hockey games? Sure, Jasek performed better in the same amount of time in Utica, but is a year older and had pro experience playing against men back home.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
That's a little harsh. Making the WJC team is not a given to anyone in their D+1 year. And what were you expecting from his first 6 pro hockey games? Sure, Jasek performed better in the same amount of time in Utica, but is a year older and had pro experience playing against men back home.
Come on. Jasek just got off a plane from Eastern Europe. You think he had no adjusting to do? It's not harsh; it's just the only way we have to compare the them. Their brief stints in Utica.

Why slot Lind in ahead of those two?

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Come on. Jasek just got off a plane from Eastern Europe. You think he had no adjusting to do? It's not harsh; it's just the only way we have to compare the them. Their brief stints in Utica.

Why slot Lind in ahead of those two?
I mean, there must be something that told NHL scouts one was a 2nd round player and one was a 6th round player.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
No that was a sound bite from the Canucks table on draft day. Don't you remember? Anyway, I just think he's done bubkes to deserve the spot here but I had no plans to make a big deal out of it. We'll see who does what in Utica this year I guess.l
Easy Llamas. I'm picking for where I believe their ceilings are not what they have done so far.
Lind I feel has 2nd line RW potential. Goldobin I'm getting a tweener feeling. Both are extremely close I just prefer Lind. This could change drastically by Xmas time.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Easy Llamas. I'm picking for where I believe their ceilings are not what they have done so far.
Lind I feel has 2nd line RW potential. Goldobin I'm getting a tweener feeling. Both are extremely close I just prefer Lind. This could change drastically by Xmas time.
We're just having fun here. I just threw in my two cents just like everybody else did. After all, the two were lined up against one another (Lind and Jasek) end of last season in Utica. Easy comparison right? I thought so too. I'm voting for the one that vastly outperformed the other but that's just my opinion.

Besides, we're off to #8 now. Onward and downward we go ;)

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Draft positioning is the weakest sort of criterion for a good prospect ranking.
Yeah but LBL was practiclly a 1st round pick that has to count for something

Plus had a excellent year last year and is working on his weaknesses pretty dam well: skating and strength

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad