Prospect Info: Canucks 2018 Prospect Rankings - #6

Rank the Canucks #6 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
I debated between Gaudette and Goldobin, but went with Gaudette because I have this feeling he's going to be a more successsful NHLer by the time it's all said and done. Goldobin just strikes me as the type of player who just won't quite be able to deliver on his promise.

I found it kinda funny, though, that Goldobin's offensive production at the pro level is better than Virtanen's (especially in the AHL). I guess the difference is that Virtanen could still end up as a useful bottom six energy guy, whereas Goldobin either needs to produce offensively or it's back to Russia with him.

I'll likely vote for Goldy at 7.

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
As long as Goldobin qualifies as a prospect (line had to be drawn somewhere, he falls under it so I don’t see much point in arguing) he should go next. He was the most creative player in the offensive zone outside of Henrik (possibly Boeser) last year and was pretty good at the end of last year. He has a r alisitic chance of being a top 6 winger next year for the big club. I don’t think his upside is any lower than someone like Lind, we’re just a lot closer to finding out if he’ll make it.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Sorry for the no-post of #7 today, folks. Long and trying day at work. Will have the new poll up in the morning.
Its fine, its just summer, no rush to do this, we got ALL summer long :laugh:

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
After Gaudette it has to be Goldobin, right? As a 21/22 year old he put up PPG in the AHL and pretty decent NHL progression as well. Lind hasn’t even done anything at the AHL at this point and was drafted later.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
After Gaudette it has to be Goldobin, right? As a 21/22 year old he put up PPG in the AHL and pretty decent NHL progression as well. Lind hasn’t even done anything at the AHL at this point and was drafted later.
Nope, its gotta be Lind next

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Dahlen at 5. Burrows is just an absolute legend... fan favourite during his decade plus tenure here... and just as he’s about to retire he gets us a player like Dahlen.

Gaudette for #6 here.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Gaudette 2nd most votes so far behind PBP

drivier

Apr 30, 2009
Vancouver
For me there's too much "hope" over substance from this pick on. Gaudette didn't look good in his limited sample size. My concern with Lind is that, like Virtanen, he was an opportunistic scorer in the WHL rather than a star. It is tough for that to translate. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't expect much from their NHL careers. As a result, I had to go with Goldobin. He tops out at where I think Lind and Gaudette's ceilings are.. And he's proven at least an ability to play in the show .

Reactions: GoTeamDom

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
For me there's too much "hope" over substance from this pick on. Gaudette didn't look good in his limited sample size. My concern with Lind is that, like Virtanen, he was an opportunistic scorer in the WHL rather than a star. It is tough for that to translate. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't expect much from their NHL careers. As a result, I had to go with Goldobin. He tops out at where I think Lind and Gaudette's ceilings are.. And he's proven at least an ability to play in the show .
I disagree on your take on Gaudette and Lind. Imo, I thought AG looked solid in his short stint. He didn’t score but he generated chances and that’s encouraging for a kid straight out of college. Lind has a long way to go but he was certainly a play driver in Kelowna.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
It's only you who uses these stupid, childish nicknames :thumbd:
Man o man your an up in down poster. Cool it ya Viking just trying to enjoy the forum with yeah some maybe silly nicknames, this really shouldnt get you so upset :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad