10. Michael DiPietro (44/132)
11. Jonah Gadjovich (49/105)
12. Petrus Palmu (72/122 Tiebreaker)
13. Lukas Jasek (58/121)
14. Tyler Madden (25/89)
15. Will Lockwood (55/97 Tiebreaker)
16. Jack Rathbone (33/96)

mw_11_zack_macewen_ep.jpg

17. Zack MacEwen, F, Utica (AHL) (Free Agent 2016)
36/119 votes (33.0%)

2017/18 REG 66GP 1G 23A 33P // PLAYOFF 5GP 1G 0A

May 31, 2006
Utunen has the best combination of upside/ceiling and proven ability of playing against men at a young age. Should have been taken many spots ago a long with MacEwen.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
I still have faith in Brisebois - I put him ahead of Utunen, Chatfield, Sautner, and McEneny... I think he can be a bottom pairing NHL defender with upside.

S_C

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Chatfield for me.....opened up a lot of eyes in Utica this past season......doesn't bring much offense to the table, but already has NHL wheels and a lot of smarts in his own zone.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Comparisons to 2017:

Pettersson +1
Hughes ... new
Demko +1
Juolevi -1
Dahlen ... same
Gaudette ... same
Lind +2
Goldobin -1
Woo ... new
DiPietro +4
Gadjovich -1
Palmu +6
Jasek ... new
Madden ... new
Lockwood -4
Rathbone +3
MacEwen -2
?Brisebois -5

Biggest riser Palmu at +6 (or Jasek who wasn't even ranked in 2017) --- biggest faller so far, Brisebois.

S_C

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
even allowing for the recency bias in some of the selections made already, the guys remaining on the board at 17 are impressive. i count 5 dmen still on the board who i think are decent depth prospects

mceneny and sautner have taken the long road but are getting close to being an nhl depth player.

brisebois is a solid quiet second tier prospect likely to see big ahl minutes in his second season

chatfield is roughly the same.

utanen has looked solid for his draft position.

not one of these guys has plateaued or stagnated since we acquired them. all of them were progressing when last seen.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
even allowing for the recency bias in some of the selections made already, the guys remaining on the board at 17 are impressive. i count 5 dmen still on the board who i think are decent depth prospects

mceneny and sautner have taken the long road but are getting close to being an nhl depth player.

brisebois is a solid quiet second tier prospect likely to see big ahl minutes in his second season

chatfield is roughly the same.

utanen has looked solid for his draft position.

not one of these guys has plateaued or stagnated since we acquired them. all of them were progressing when last seen.
I agree. I like the looks of these depth guys going now. A lotta people seem to be sleeping with Brassard here he had quite the season. Maybe I will pump the brakes til he does it again but quite an encouraging season last year from him

Last edited:

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Gunnarsson got a vote????

Did someone make an error punching his or her vote?

Reactions: timw33

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Again, I voted Manukyan.

1. - so skilled. So small. low chance to ever play, but has MSL like prospects.

2 - we have 5 guys right now for this spot who all look solid (which is beyond belief for depth) but he has more skill than anyone left.

3 - It might help get Tryamkin back if they tell him he's Manukyan's bodyguard, both on and off the ice.

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
Again, I voted Manukyan.

1. - so skilled. So small. low chance to ever play, but has MSL like prospects.

2 - we have 5 guys right now for this spot who all look solid (which is beyond belief for depth) but he has more skill than anyone left.

3 - It might help get Tryamkin back if they tell him he's Manukyan's bodyguard, both on and off the ice.
Bad selection Bill, hes too small

Reactions: DonnyNucker

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Bad selection Bill, hes too small

You understand the MSL part right? Many players recently have had this label, but the NHL is headed a different way. Better said ... he may be to small, but if he's not, well swung for the fences. And you know I have been doing this for more than 45 years before you were born.

Please look at it this way. 40 years from now you will be in my shoes, and what will you say to those youngsters who have simplistic answers to your years of experience. and it will be there before you know it.

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
You understand the MSL part right? Many players recently have had this label, but the NHL is headed a different way. Better said ... he may be to small, but if he's not, well swung for the fences. And you know I have been doing this for more than 45 years before you were born.

Please look at it this way. 40 years from now you will be in my shoes, and what will you say to those youngsters who have simplistic answers to your years of experience. and it will be there before you know it.
Hopefully I will have found a better way of telling them Im right cause Im older than you just did...

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
yep - miss the point and interpret it in your own way; no, just accept I have been there done that. Which you will not.
Bill to communicate with today's younger set you need to talk to them in terms that they understand. Like these confounded modern machines, and that awful music they listen to. You need to convince them that you're 'hep' to their ways before you get their attention. Otherwise it's just a waste of time.

I'm not saying it's worth the effort mind you. i've got better things to do with my time than trying to communicate with the dad blasted youth of today ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad