Prospect Info: Canucks 2018 Prospect Rankings #15 TIEBREAKER

Tiebreaker

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thelittlecoon

ELIAS PETTERSSON
Jun 19, 2017
Vancouver
Lockwood easily. Brisebois is a much better D prospect than Rathbone. Was anybody actually impressed by Rathbone's play at the Summer Showdown? I thought he looked great in the practices and skills testing leading up to it but kinda dumb when it came to the game. His positioning is whack and he doesn't defend very well.

Reactions: nucker11

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
If Lockwood didnt have such big injury concerns he would be higher on this list. As it stands he is still a better prospect I think than The Wrath of Bone.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Locky should have gone sooner, hes a beauty. Gonna SHOCK the hockey world this coming year

:yo:

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Lockwood easily. Brisebois is a much better D prospect than Rathbone. Was anybody actually impressed by Rathbone's play at the Summer Showdown? I thought he looked great in the practices and skills testing leading up to it but kinda dumb when it came to the game. His positioning is whack and he doesn't defend very well.

I voted Lockwood, but I think Rathbone should get the benefit of the doubt due to the piss poor level of LQ he has played at so far. He has some very good tools, but it's going to take a year or two at Harvard before we see if he has any kind tool box or not.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I think MacEwen is a better prospect than both. His game and skating is vastly improving and he already had a very solid rookie season in professional hockey in the AHL.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Honestly, if Rathbone's deficiencies are as you say, I predict college will iron many of those out. Your statement is pretty favorable.

I chose Lockwood for now. I expect him to have a strong year on the bounce-back, but I will be patient with his development on account of it. Whenever a prospect has a tough injury like Lockwood, I just pretend they're 1/2 a year younger.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Honestly, if Rathbone's deficiencies are as you say, I predict college will iron many of those out. Your statement is pretty favorable.

I chose Lockwood for now. I expect him to have a strong year on the bounce-back, but I will be patient with his development on account of it. Whenever a prospect has a tough injury like Lockwood, I just pretend they're 1/2 a year younger.
So Sami Salo is still like 9 years old in your eyes? :)

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
I think MacEwen is a better prospect than both. His game and skating is vastly improving and he already had a very solid rookie season in professional hockey in the AHL.
Just vote one of the two AVAILABLE options pal :shakehead

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Lockwood here. Such a great skater, bad finisher. He's basically a skinny Hansen whose got injury concerns lol.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Locky should have gone sooner, hes a beauty. Gonna SHOCK the hockey world this coming year

:yo:

I notice you like to heavily pump the tires on our B prospects (Jasek, Lockwood, Brassard), and then brag about how you've supported them all along (Gaudette). Issue is, if you throw enough crap to a wall, something will eventually stick. Your predictions carry a lot less weight when you think half of our prospects will pan out. The issue with Lockwood is similar to Rodin, injuries could very well derail his career.

I voted Lockwood because of his versatility, but man do I hope his shoulder holds up over the next few years.

Reactions: billvanseattle

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I notice you like to heavily pump the tires on our B prospects (Jasek, Lockwood, Brassard), and then brag about how you've supported them all along (Gaudette). Issue is, if you throw enough crap to a wall, something will eventually stick. Your predictions carry a lot less weight when you think half of our prospects will pan out. The issue with Lockwood is similar to Rodin, injuries could very well derail his career.

I voted Lockwood because of his versatility, but man do I hope his shoulder holds up over the next few years.

Half? :laugh:

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Yeah exactly i think itll be more than half with how good our prospects look now, and lots others were pretty high on Gaudette early on

People also thought our prospects looked good with Jensen, Schroeder, Hodgson, Rodin, etc. Granted, we have different scouts now and higher picks, but still. Any prospect that is not a top 10 pick has a pretty high chance of not making the NHL. I'm optimistic, but we'd be lucky if 1 or 2 of the remaining prospects from these polls make it to the NHL.

Reactions: lindgren

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
People also thought our prospects looked good with Jensen, Schroeder, Hodgson, Rodin, etc. Granted, we have different scouts now and higher picks, but still. Any prospect that is not a top 10 pick has a pretty high chance of not making the NHL. I'm optimistic, but we'd be lucky if 1 or 2 of the remaining prospects from these polls make it to the NHL.
Yeah but those guys were different, they couldnt have made it. Things a lot brighter now, were at 15 and still some good guys on board

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
10. Jonah Gadjovich10. Michael DiPietro
11. Will Lockwood11. Jonah Gadjovich
12. Jordan Subban12. Petrus Palmu
13. Guillaume Brisebois13. Lukas Jasek
14. Michael DiPietro14. Tyler Madden
15. Zack MacEwen15. Will Lockwood
16. Evan McEneny16.
17. Jalen Chatfield17.
18. Petrus Palmu18.
19. Jack Rathbone19.
20. Philip Holm20.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Likely see a battle royale between Rathbone - MacEwen - Brisebois next...

S_C

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

I agree with your last two sentences especially.

But their is a difference between this prospect group and the old ones.
The difference is that in those earlier years that was just Canuck fans overrating our prospects. Most third party prospect rankings still had the Canucks bottom third.

Now third party prospect ranking lists have us quite how. Sporting News for example has us third. So it’s not just the typical home town bias this time. Whether it works out better is still an open question but at least objective sources believe it will.

But I agree that we’d be lucky to get 1 or 2 hits with the remaining guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad