• Other (specify below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
Hey HFNucks fam, it's that time of year again! Time to discuss, celebrate and commiserate about our prospect pool!

We've added and subtracted some faces from last year, and per our discussion in the welcome thread form last week, we are going to be sticking strictly to objective, HFBoards-based criteria on what makes a 'prospect'. For details on that criteria, please see the welcome thread. Based on this criteria, we will be including Nikolay Goldobin. Unfortunately, Jay Beagle did not meet the eligibility requirements.

As with past years, we will limit each poll to 10 options and an 'other'. When sharing your vote in discussion, feel free to include "Add: whomever" - I'll add an option in the subsequent poll based on consensus. Polls will be open for the requisite 24 hours, and I will do my very best to keep to that schedule with the posting of subsequent threads - bear with me if I miss it by a few hours, though! There will be no polls over the weekend.

Here are the results from recent years. Unfortunately, the 2017 results table didn't translate over when the Boards switched to mandatory, so it's listed on the previous welcome thread.

2017 ranking
2016 ranking
2015 ranking
2014 ranking
2013 ranking

Have fun and happy arguing!

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
EP for sure. Hughes or any one else can make a case, but Pettersson has the awards to trump them. I'm excited to see what this guy can do for us.

nucker11

Apr 15, 2014
British Columbia
This is a tough one between Hughes and Petterson. I think it mostly comes down to if you think EP can play Center. I'm giving the edge to EP.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
This ranking of prospects mirrors the recent draft: it won't get interesting till the third pick.

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
Pettersson.

51pugv7xKIL.jpg

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
EP is the hill that all of us will die on

It's kinda sad the fate of the franchise rests on his (for some reason famously narrow) shoulders. We're basically asking him to be the second coming of Daniel and Henrik.

Side note: Did someone misclick OJ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad