Prospect Info: Canucks 2017 Prospect Rankings - #10

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Gadjovich is still my dark horse candidate to make the team this year.

Could be the linemate the Sedins have always needed.

Or he could be a lead footed slug who only got drafted so high because Suzuki en was good at banking shots off him.

I choose to be unreasonably optimistic for now.

Gadjovich's skating is nowhere near NHL calibre. He looked slow against teenagers in the prospect camp last week. He's a good prospect but is nowhere even close to sticking in the NHL.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
^^ Definitely agree, but in a universe where we lost all but one player off this list, I'd still protect him, so that's my vote.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Gadjovich's skating is nowhere near NHL calibre. He looked slow against teenagers in the prospect camp last week. He's a good prospect but is nowhere even close to sticking in the NHL.

I agree, despite voting for him, i don't expect to see him in the NHL for 2 seasons. The hope is probably he improves his skating like Horvat did but that will take time. Its pretty rare for anything draft in the 2nd round to make their NHL debut the same season.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Surprised that Lind and now Gadjovich are winning so handily. Thought this tier of prospects would have seen some closer votes, and thought Lockwood would have beat both those guys.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Surprised that Lind and now Gadjovich are winning so handily. Thought this tier of prospects would have seen some closer votes, and thought Lockwood would have beat both those guys.

It might be because everyone just favors Lind slightly more than Gadjovich more than Lockwood...

Also could just be the "new shinny toy" effect since both were drafted this year in the 2nd round in that order. :laugh:

Lockwood is next for me then Brisebois

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I voted gadjovich based on upside. I just think despite the skating issues, he has the most potential. He reminds me of a young Scott Hartnell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad