Canucks 2016-2017 Schedule

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Absolutely, 100% agree with this.

Every year, everybody complains about the season going too late into June, and every year, the League refuses to start the season until the 2nd week of October. It's asinine.

The season should start no later than October 1st. Period.

And yes, this year is slightly different because of this stupid World Cup gimmick, but what's the excuse for not starting the season until October 9th or 10th every other year? It just really bugs me.

And while I'm ranting about League scheduling, allow me my annual rant about the Entry Draft. can somebody *please* explain to me why the draft was moved from Saturday morning to Friday afternoon? Are people on the West Coast with jobs not allowed to enjoy the draft?

Yeah, as to the bolded, is there *anybody* who actually likes how things are? This is probably the thing that NHL fans are most unanimously in agreement with - games in June suck, and the season starts too late. But somehow it seems to start later every year.

As for the draft, yeah, just a total joke. 3:30 Pacific time. I'm lucky I can duck out of work early, but it's just a complete farce for fans in the west. How ludicrous is it that fans of 3 of the top 6 teams selecting won't be able to actually watch?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad