Canucks 2016-2017 Schedule

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
6 game in 9 days stretch including 2 back to backs.

Our only roadtrip that does not involve a back to back at some point is San jose to Arizona in April. Every time we either have one during the trip or start with a game in vancouver before going to alberta for the second of a back to back.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Looks like it gets tougher right after the trade deadline again, just like last year. Hopefully this time Benning and co manage to consummate a trade at the deadline.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Looks like it gets tougher right after the trade deadline again, just like last year. Hopefully this time Benning and co manage to consummate a trade at the deadline.

Right now I cringe whenever I see "trade" and "Benning" in the same sentence.
:facepalm:

coolboarder

Mar 4, 2010
Maryland
This is not a bad schedule considering the late start to the season and end at the usual 2nd Sunday of April as it is crammed almost two weeks into the schedule especially with 5 days off as mandatory break by the agreement in late February and start after Canadian Thanksgiving. 17 b2b seems to be too much but considering this schedule, it's not too terribly bad as their road trip seems to be close in between cities. No out of the way trip back and forth except for one: Chicago-Colorado-Arizona trip but after that trip, it's an all-star break so it's a moot point. So next season schedule should be back to usual 10-12 b2b games for the Canucks if the NHL decides not to go to Olympics.

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Not a bad schedule at all. Seems good to me actually. But some people probably will be negative about everything and try and turn it into a bad schedule.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Just absolutely ****ing ridiculous to be starting an NHL season on October 15.

Opening day should be October 1. Every year. Get rid of these stupid games in June that nobody is watching anymore because they're doing stuff outside.

And yes, I know it's because of the World Cup. A stupid tournament with a stupid design that nobody wanted nor cares about.

SgtToody

Mar 16, 2013

Opening day should be October 1. Every year. Get rid of these stupid games in June that nobody is watching anymore because they're doing stuff outside.

And yes, I know it's because of the World Cup. A stupid tournament with a stupid design that nobody wanted nor cares about.

You can thank the NHL's fabricated World Cup tournament for that... Go Young Guns!

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
No Sharks games til february again thats wierd

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Anyways looking fwd to a new season and seeing some of are young guns make some progress :)

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
5 games against McDavid and co. i wonder how many pts he will get this year against us. 8? 9 maybe?

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
There's 1 brutal road trip between Feb 7 - 16th. Nashville, Columbus, Boston, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, St. Louis. That's 6 games in 9 nights crossing the Eastern / Central Timezone boundary twice. Then they fly home for a back to back with the Flames on the 18th and 19th.

Road trips like this are almost guaranteed to break a team. One thing that Gillis and Burke/Nonis eventually learned is that you have to fly to NYC and campaign at the league office for a better schedule.

They have another big road trip in November - 6 games in 8 nights, but at least it's all in the Eastern time zone.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford

I'm with you here. I always felt preseason was too long and waiting a week into October as its recently been was just awful. Waiting two weeks is even worse... Not too fond of the World Cup right now.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I'm pulling for team Europe Leftovers so we get some weird jumble of their national anthems if they win. Plus they got Jannik... but also Sbisa... never mind, they're doomed.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013

Hell I'd be on board with September 1st..

oyvey

meet you at the bottom if there really is one
Jan 6, 2010
Toronto
Are all teams playing more back-to-backs because of the World Cup?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Are all teams playing more back-to-backs because of the World Cup?

More than likely. They are losing a week or two because of the world cup, so this will change every teams' back2back situation.

Alan Jackson

Nov 3, 2005
Langley, BC

Absolutely, 100% agree with this.

Every year, everybody complains about the season going too late into June, and every year, the League refuses to start the season until the 2nd week of October. It's asinine.

The season should start no later than October 1st. Period.

And yes, this year is slightly different because of this stupid World Cup gimmick, but what's the excuse for not starting the season until October 9th or 10th every other year? It just really bugs me.

And while I'm ranting about League scheduling, allow me my annual rant about the Entry Draft. can somebody *please* explain to me why the draft was moved from Saturday morning to Friday afternoon? Are people on the West Coast with jobs not allowed to enjoy the draft?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad