Confirmed with Link: Canucks 2011 4th Round Pick, 101st Overall - F Joseph LaBate

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Not sure if its been posted, but heres a video of Labate ( number 16) playing for Holy Angels

Scores at 34 seconds, Nice play at 54 seconds, helps set up the 4th goal at 3:00 mins.

However its pretty easy to see he is poor defensively ( I guess hes more focused on offence at that level). Tons of fly bys, and wasn't very good on the final goal against.

But the defensive game can be worked on.

Hmm I guess I dont know how to embed...heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX9Pheu57HA&feature=related

It's okay he can be Brent Burns at forward!:sarcasm:

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
So what is he capable of? Does Hutton have a higher ceiling, I don't really flow college guys too much except for Demko.

Is Hutton going to Utica btw?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
With Hutton and now Labate riding the pine in Utica....just a comment...can they be sent to Kalamazoo before the end of the season to get in some games?

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Hard to imagine he'll get much game action the way they do things. Hutton is a far better prospect and still hasn't gotten a game in.

Doubt he'll prove to be worth signing but I guess it's good we get to have a closer look before masking that decision.

labate's a forward. pretty easy to squeeze them in vs utica's pretty silly/stacked defence

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
does anyone have the article on this guy where he was complaining about not being able to put on weight because he wouldn't stop growing? I can't find it anymore.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
does anyone have the article on this guy where he was complaining about not being able to put on weight because he wouldn't stop growing? I can't find it anymore.

I remember hearing about that too, so you're not the only one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad