Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2 @ Stars 3 || Quietest GDT Ever but we made it to a shootout.... but lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
6-1
Win or loss

With the way Benn and Seguin are playing and we've only won two straight games, what, twice this season?

4-3 DAL.

Benn, Sharp, Eakin, Hemsky

Vrbata so hot right now, Higgins, Edler

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Hate Seguin and Benn with a passion. Hope the twins pull a Chicago and a Daniel open ice crush on Jamie

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
What is it, 8 straight losses now against the Stars? Until we actually beat them again, I'm not going to expect or even hope for a win.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Hate Seguin and Benn with a passion. Hope the twins pull a Chicago and a Daniel open ice crush on Jamie

How can you hate Jamie Benn? Most complete player in the league after Toews, with a more physical dimension. I really hope he comes home to play for the Canucks before his time is up.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
The trip down Memory Lane continues.

Anyone born around the 90's or later should watch this. It's hilarious and cool in so many ways. The honesty from Quinn for one. This was cutting edge back in the day and the beginning of social media to have setups on site for behind the scene chat on the road after a game. The girl in the first one is so funny.

"what would i be pissing and moaning about, it's getting late i was just getting slap happy"

"there isn't a noose here i could hang by"?

Watching the game now, thanks Maouth.

vintage bure
mclean
linden
the courtnalls
pacific coliseum rivals even the shark tank as loudest stadium in the league

Last edited:

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Anyone born around the 90's or later should watch this. It's hilarious and cool in so many ways. The honesty from Quinn for one. This was cutting edge back in the day and the beginning of social media to have setups on site for behind the scene chat on the road after a game. The girl in the first one is so funny.

"what would i be pissing and moaning about, it's getting late i was just getting slap happy"

"there isn't a noose here i could hang by"?

Watching the game now, thanks Maouth.

vintage bure
mclean
linden
the courtnalls
pacific coliseum rivals even the shark tank as loudest stadium in the league
I remember watching that game in a work camp on an island (Bonwick) in the Broughton Archipelago. We were eating Dungeness crab, salmon and had plenty of beer. We had a decent TV - maybe 40 inch, and we got one channel on our antenna - CBC. I watched most of the 94 playoffs there and they are by far my favourite Canucks memories.

I remember very well hating Derian Hatcher with a passion.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Miller start, according to TSN 1040. I'm surprised. I thought they'd rest Miller and play him on both sides of the Mon/Tue back to back.

Last edited:

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
I remember watching that game in a work camp on an island (Bonwick) in the Broughton Archipelago. We were eating Dungeness crab, salmon and had plenty of beer. We had a decent TV - maybe 40 inch, and we got one channel on our antenna - CBC. I watched most of the 94 playoffs there and they are by far my favourite Canucks memories.

I remember very well hating Derian Hatcher with a passion.

Me too for the 94 run. Hatcher was a fracker. Good to catch up with Momesso and Diduck, and Ronning as well. Pretty good trade for us with Dirk coming as well. Top 3 probably. Not that Diduck was part of the trade.

Haha 40" was huge back then. I was so dejected after game 7 I threw away my car keys and slept in the trunk of my car, Good times.

Amused To Death

Nov 6, 2009
Victoria
How can you hate Jamie Benn? Most complete player in the league after Toews, with a more physical dimension. I really hope he comes home to play for the Canucks before his time is up.
They kinda insinuated that our star players have incestuous relations. He was probably "joking", but it was one of those jokes where nobody really laughs, cause its disrespectful and weird to make those kinds of jokes about 14 year veterans. Hell of a player, but a bit of a moron

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Me too for the 94 run. Hatcher was a fracker. Good to catch up with Momesso and Diduck, and Ronning as well. Pretty good trade for us with Dirk coming as well. Top 3 probably. Not that Diduck was part of the trade.

Haha 40" was huge back then. I was so dejected after game 7 I threw away my car keys and slept in the trunk of my car, Good times.
Game 7 against the Rangers was a nightmare for me too.

It was crew change day and the weather was bad - sunny, but windy with high seas. We got on the boat for what was normally about a 40 minute run that turned into about an hour and a half. This started maybe a half hour before the game. We planned to hit Telegraph Cove and then high tail it to the Dalewood bar in Port McNeil.

So we break all speed limits after we get on the road and arrive at the bar in Port McNeil during the second intermission and they have a huge projector screen TV. You know the old type every bar used to have. They also have a single portable TV on the wall behind the bar for anyone sitting at the bar. Here's where it gets freaking absurd. The projector TV would only run for about 5 minutes before overheating and shutting down. Then everyone watching the game would cry "NOOOOOOO" and rush over to the bar to crowd around the little TV and watch there. The projector TV had an operating ratio of about 5:5. Meaning it would run for 5 minutes, shut down for 5 minutes then rinse and repeat. It was absurd - people would rush across the room every 5 minutes like a herd of cattle.

And yeah, we drove back to Vancouver that night. What a ****** depressing ride. Still, those memories of living in Betty Cove and watching the Canucks - I wouldn't trade for anything.

Last edited:

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Baertschi in for Virtanen.
If WD is not gonna play him might as well send him down now.

Another bizarre move.

Virtanen could learn a lot by watching Benn play up close. Plus Dallas has a heavy D core.

But I predict this is a 4-1 loss for Canucks.

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
The Seguin/Benn era stars has destroyed this Canucks team the last 2 seasons. On the road, they're not going to be able to get the top pair against that top line all the time. At home, when we can control that matchup, I like the Canucks' chances better but the Canucks are going to have to score at least 3 goals tonight to win...possibly even 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad