Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2 @ Panthers 1| Over 200 minutes of MillerTime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blob Mckenzie*

Considering his rough start to the year, then yes it is quite impressive. Maybe not for you but it is for me!

Yeah it's doubtful this team is 11 games over .500 with Lack and Markstrom carrying the load this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

CanadianPirate

Apr 17, 2007
Since we're all on Kassian-Watch 2015:

I think he was okay. Made some stupid decisions but seemed to make an effort to be more involved in plays. A better defensive effort for him. I hope he continues to build upon it.

I would agree with your assessment. He had a couple good hits and set up Matthias for a good scoring chance but several of his breakouts were either picked off or went into the other player's skates. I really hope he gets into a few games in a row. He seems like the kind of player that needs to play more games so he can get into a groove. His game is based in passing and when he's rusty from not playing his passes are just a little off.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Eating a lot of road kill are ya Puckmonster :laugh:

Hey man, I'd rather be proven wrong for the better of the team than right for the worse.

how else can she afford to go to all these hockey games?

throwing-money-away.gif

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Since we're all on Kassian-Watch 2015:

I think he was okay. Made some stupid decisions but seemed to make an effort to be more involved in plays. A better defensive effort for him. I hope he continues to build upon it.

He had a great first shift, but was otherwise a non-factor.

Toxic0n

We are all mumps
Dec 10, 2008
Tank nation
Anyone have Miller's updated stats? It looks like he was already in Top 5 in wins, Top 10 in GAA and just outside Top 10 for SV%

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Anyone have Miller's updated stats? It looks like he was already in Top 5 in wins, Top 10 in GAA and just outside Top 10 for SV%

He's 15th (multi tie) in SV%, 2nd (tied) in shutouts and 5th in wins.

Not sure about GAA standings.

0.919 and a 2.28 i believe

Last edited:

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Imagine a goalie that goes through good stretches and bad ones!
Like pretty much every goalie in the NHL.

Every goalie in the NHL has had back to back shutouts twice and been in the bottom of the league in save% at one point? Every player has ups and downs, but Miller's been more extreme at either end than most.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Good win.

Having Hammer back, it seems, had been huge on our D.

I also do miss Lou a lot (not saying Miller is bad though).

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Miller is playing elite hockey, since December 21st, he's been the top goaltender of the league

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Every goalie in the NHL has had back to back shutouts twice and been in the bottom of the league in save% at one point? Every player has ups and downs, but Miller's been more extreme at either end than most.

People said the same about Luongo. He started out poorly every year and then got better as the year went on. Every single year. Miller reminds me a lot of Luongo plus he was playing with a new team this year. He should have been expected to take a while to round into form.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
People said the same about Luongo. He started out poorly every year and then got better as the year went on. Every single year. Miller reminds me a lot of Luongo plus he was playing with a new team this year. He should have been expected to take a while to round into form.

Miller didn't start poorly though. He started really well, then sucked, then went on a tear, then was utterly god awful, then was the best in the NHL.

Having said that though, probably an inconsistent .915 goalie is better than a consistent one, you just hope the timing lines up with the playoffs (unlike last year, when they lined up with BadMiller.) Hey, we're due!

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Miller didn't start poorly though. He started really well, then sucked, then went on a tear, then was utterly god awful, then was the best in the NHL.

Having said that though, probably an inconsistent .915 goalie is better than a consistent one, you just hope the timing lines up with the playoffs (unlike last year, when they lined up with BadMiller.) Hey, we're due!

I will forgo every birthday and Christmas present for the rest of my life if that happens.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

True.
But a .919 goalie like Miller is even better than that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad