Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2 - LA 1 (SO) Part 3 -- "We knew we could beat them." - Henrik

Booshami

Apr 19, 2012
Vancouver
Weber has been a beast this year. Matthias was invisible again. I don't understand why he doesn't use his size to drive the net.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Even though willie pisses us off a lot he's overall done such a great job. No one expected us to do this well and he's a huge reason we re in the playoffs

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
This team is forging a never-give-up identity this season. That's the kind of attitude you want to pass on to Horvat and the other young players when they finally take over in a couple years.

An inspired season from the veterans, some key new faces, and unexpected performances from young guys... this team is a treat to watch (vs. other top teams at least :help:)

Go Winnipeg/Calgary: LA going from champs to chumps would really put the icing on this season for me.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Pfft.....couldn't have done that in OT, eh Higgins?

And Horvats line was like Swiss cheese....don't get me started on Lack, and...

...wait we won? All hail the Canucks!!!!! Woo how we did it!

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Hiya guys. I had the pleasure of being in the building tonight thanks to my lil bro. So reading the first 2 threads (3 threads?? way to go!) I have some thoughts.

1. Building was loud. Clearly they toned it down on tv. Stuff did get quiet and nervous in the first and part of the second but the 3rd was-a-rockin. Which leads me to 2.

2. When Daniel scored that goal, that was the loudest I've heard a goal get cheered in 4 years. Place went wild.

3. Other than the first 10 minutes, we were the better team. Simple as that.

4. Some of y'all need a little more faith in your team ;). Down one goal and you guys counted us out? Come on guys!

5. Last but not least, oooooooooooomg Sedins.

Soth

Feb 18, 2010
Even though willie pisses us off a lot he's overall done such a great job. No one expected us to do this well and he's a huge reason we re in the playoffs

Willie has kept the team motivated, and put in a system that plays to our strength. I don't get the hate, he has done a great job this season.

I think most of us though are waiting to judge him based on his performance in the playoffs.

As for people complaining he played dorsett over kenins... duhh very important game on the line you play your defensively dependable vet over the kid who sometimes plays great, but sometimes makes defensive gafs. Can't afford defensive gafs in that game.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Although he had a couple whiffed pass attempts (that didn't really amount to much, anyway), I thought Edler had a good game.

Carried and moved the puck well, and caused a bit of havoc with his pinches.

Surprised by a few of the negative comments in parts 1 and 2.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
What a game. Lack and the twins were sensational.

Get Richardson and Kassian back and we'll legitimately be able to roll 4 lines. Unfortunately, Dorsett will bump Kenins out but overall I like the balance of the lines.

Sbisa had a solid game

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver

Get Richardson and Kassian back and we'll legitimately be able to roll 4 lines. Unfortunately, Dorsett will bump Kenins out but overall I like the balance in the lines.

Sbisa had a solid game

I concur

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.

Get Richardson and Kassian back and we'll legitimately be able to roll 4 lines. Unfortunately, Dorsett will bump Kenins out but overall I like the balance of the lines.

Sbisa had a solid game

LPH, my friend. I have something to admit. That is Lacks net. We can't put Miller in there. We simply cant. You were right.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I watched this game on my PVR and missed the freakout on this board :laugh: funny to read back now :handclap:

LPH, my friend. I have something to admit. That is Lacks net. We can't put Miller in there. We simply cant. You were right.

At this point, there's simply no justification to throwing in rusty Miller into the playoffs when Lack has been huge in getting us there during this stretch drive. The optics would be terrible.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Horvats line was buzzing all night long....seems like Willie D noticed and gave them more ice time as the game went on

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I wonder what the plan is for Baertschi because if he's not gonna play we'd be better off sending him to Utica to pick up where he left off and (hopefully) have a strong playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad