Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2 @ Coyotes 1 | Quietest GDT of the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Markstrom absolutely should get the start tonight if this team thinks it has a chance at the playoffs still. If he was deployed the way he deserved to be this team would be in a playoff spot right now.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Markstrom absolutely should get the start tonight if this team thinks it has a chance at the playoffs still. If he was deployed the way he deserved to be this team would be in a playoff spot right now.

That's very debatable. He's had a great string of games, but taking over the starting gig full time is another thing entirely. I'm content with how they've chosen to ease him into the position this season, with the probability he unseats Miller next year. It's good for his development, plus we get better odds at drafting a high end player.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
On a role now thinking 4-1 Nuckers goals by Bo 2 and henrik and danny. Coyotes are finished now with the sharks and ducks taking the playoffs spots so there trying to tank and were not very good at this tanking

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

Everything I've read/heard indicates Miller will play tonight. Outside of that expect the same line-up with McCann in for Sutter, and probably Biega in for Edler. I notice we haven't made any call-ups yet.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
On a role now thinking 4-1 Nuckers goals by Bo 2 and henrik and danny. Coyotes are finished now with the sharks and ducks taking the playoffs spots so there trying to tank and were not very good at this tanking

Why are the Coyotes "finished" and we're not? They have the exact same route to take as us and at least have a game in hand. Odds are that neither team makes it but I'm not sure why they're the ones who will be "quitting"?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Why are the Coyotes "finished" and we're not? They have the exact same route to take as us and at least have a game in hand. Odds are that neither team makes it but I'm not sure why they're the ones who will be "quitting"?

They had a playoff spot 2nd and have tanked allowing sharks and ducks ahead of them by A LOT now. I just hope we get a better pick then them

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think Cracknell, McCann, Biega, and Miller all play tonight.

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
Hopefully we can see more of this tonight !!

vrby.gif

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I think Cracknell, McCann, Biega, and Miller all play tonight.

Depends on how serious the team is about getting Virtanen some consistent games. We really should leave the Kid Line together for a couple games to see if it works moving forward.

Assuming Sutter and Edler are out I dunno if McCann or Cracknell will substitute in between Vrbata and Dorsett. Probably McCann? Hard to tell with WD. Biega will clearly slot in for Edler. Good news is we haven't see a call-up yet, so hopefully Edler isn't too badly hurt. EDIT: Blarg, just saw polarbear's post below mine....bad news on Edler/Sutter.

Miller will almost certainly start.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Not great news on the injury front for VAN. Alex Edler (foot) and Brandon Sutter (jaw) have headed back home, both likely to miss time.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Depends on how serious the team is about getting Virtanen some consistent games. We really should leave the Kid Line together for a couple games to see if it works moving forward.

Assuming Sutter and Edler are out I dunno if McCann or Cracknell will substitute in between Vrbata and Dorsett. Probably McCann? Hard to tell with WD. Biega will clearly slot in for Edler. Good news is we haven't see a call-up yet, so hopefully Edler isn't too badly hurt. EDIT: Blarg, just saw polarbear's post below mine....bad news on Edler/Sutter.

Miller will almost certainly start.

I just feel like in past years with the Mom/Dad trip they get everyone in there. Sounds like Miller, Biega, and a forward will be in anyway. Wouldn't surprise me to see the other forward in for Etem or Vey.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I don't care if Bartkowski scores or not - Mrs. Bartkowski needs screen time again. Make up a reason to get her on the air.

Bad news on Sutter and Edler. Hopefully McCann draws back in, and Biega - deservedly - comes back.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
First Zombotron GDT of the season? :handclap:

Please tell me there are more to follow...

Second. And sure, if people want them, I'll try and keep us entertained over the next 20-something miserable games.

With how noxious the board has been, I didn't want to do GDTs, but we can make this work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad