Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2 (Bonino, Edler) - Oilers 1 || Who is this guy wearing number 23?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
large.png
@
large.png

WHEN: Thursday, October 2nd, 6:00PM PT
WHERE: The land of high draft picks and fond memories of the mid/late-80's.
TV: Sportsnet 360
RADIO: TSN 1040

Vancouver Canucks

Alex Burrows - Nick Bonino - Linden Vey
Chris Higgins - Shawn Matthias - Jannik Hansen
Hunter Shinkaruk - Cal O'Reilly - Nicklas Jensen
Tom Sestito - Bo Horvat - Derek Dorsett

Dan Hamhuis - Kevin Bieksa
Alexander Edler - Chris Tanev
Ryan Stanton - Luca Sbisa

Eddie Lack

Edmonton Oilers

Hall - RNH - Yakupov
Joensu - Draisaitl - Purcell
Acton - Yakimov - Pitlick
Westgarth - Lander - Pinizzoto

Nikitin - Fayne
Nurse - Hunt
Marincin - Aulie

Scrivens/Fasth

Streams:

http://hockeyreality.com/stream.html
http://nutjob.net/hockey
http://www.ifeed2all.eu/type/ice-hockey.html
http://atdhe.ru/hockey
http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/91548-NHL-Today-October-2nd

Last edited by a moderator:

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
Huge game for the kid line, Sestito, Matthias, Hansen, Burrows.
Pretty sure WD will go with his opening night lineup on Saturday, so all forwards need to bring their best games for this one.
D is pretty much set (as above) IMO.
Horvat will get his 9 games, regardless, I believe. But Shinkaruk and Jensen have to really make a statement here to avoid the flight to Utica.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
This is the make or break game for Shinkaruk and Jensen, I believe. Hopefully that kid line gets more than 10 minutes tomorrow night, as they are exciting to watch.

Wonder why Vey didn't go with #7 to begin the preseason. I know a lot of the time it is not up to a rookie to choose their number and the Canucks have an aversion to high numbers. I feel it would be strange to see Horvat in a number other than 53, Shinkaruk other than 48 or Jensen other than 46, just because I am used to that now. Maybe it has just been too long since we've had a rookie come up through our system like that...

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Huge game for the kid line, Sestito, Matthias, Hansen, Burrows.
Pretty sure WD will go with his opening night lineup on Saturday, so all forwards need to bring their best games for this one.
D is pretty much set (as above) IMO.
Horvat will get his 9 games, regardless, I believe. But Shinkaruk and Jensen have to really make a statement here to avoid the flight to Utica.

I agree on all counts. I'm surprised Cal O'Reilly has made it this far into camp; looks like the idea that he was injured was off-base.

Matthias getting a big look at center after being pedestrian on the wing through camp so far - have to think he needs to make an impact.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I'm surprised Cal O'Reilly has made it this far into camp; looks like the idea that he was injured was off-base.

I think it just has to do with Richardson and Kassian being injured, so they need him to be able to run 5 full lines in practice.

And BTW for those of you wondering, O'Reilly isn't confirmed for this game, I'm just assuming he's playing since it sounds like Richardson/Kassian aren't healthy yet and the Sedin line is staying in Vancouver (and there's no one else to play forward unless Weber is moved up).

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
The defense is what I'm going to be most interested to see. I have a feeling that's going to be what sinks us this season. If we lose Hamhuis or Tanev for any extended period of time I think we'll be picking in the top 10 again. We look like the Carolina Hurricanes of the West to me.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Yeah, it's good see the full NHL D being iced...

We had difficulty last yr with shots against (understatement)... but our Jennings Trophy winning ways have to still be lingering in their muscle memory somewhere.

Going to be looking forward to how well Edler-Tanev play off each other...

Otherwise, we got a 2nd line, 3rd line, Kid line, and 4th line going... teams look even-ish upfront.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Very interested to see how the Vey-Bonino line does

Me as well. Right now it looks to me like we have a first line and a couple of third lines. If we can somehow patch together a decent second line that would really improve the team's chances. Vey and Bonino look to be two of our better offensive guys and Burrows is solid defensively. If Burrows can just rediscover some of his offence we could have a decent line.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
I think it just has to do with Richardson and Kassian being injured, so they need him to be able to run 5 full lines in practice.

And BTW for those of you wondering, O'Reilly isn't confirmed for this game, I'm just assuming he's playing since it sounds like Richardson/Kassian aren't healthy yet and the Sedin line is staying in Vancouver (and there's no one else to play forward unless Weber is moved up).

It would have been nice if they kept Gaunce around for a bit longer I'd throw him in with the kid line, move Horvat up a line and move Matthais to the 4th line. Also would have liked to see more of Friesen he looked good with the young guys as well I understand the Utica camp starts soon but still would be nice to see these guys stick around til the end.

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
I heard at the tail end of the Benning/Linden interview on 1040 that the lines were Horvat between Sestito and Dorsett, O'Reilly between Shink and Jensen. Can't find any confirmation on Twitter, though.

EDIT: The bozo hosts were calling the latter the "AHL line."

medhatcanuck

Jul 8, 2010
Inside JayZ's Belly
Seems to me Jensen/Shink/O Reilly are slated to be a line in AHL.
So those are the three cuts to the team.

And essentially Horvat needs to outplay Matthias to make the team, as they'll make room for Vey at wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad