Canuck Stats 2014-2015

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
eeewww....

Goal scoring has taken a significant hit and it's catching up to us in the point column right now....
The push from depth upfront and the the push from the D has been non-existent recently...

Hopefully Hamhuis has a greater effect than i can imagine at the moment on our transition game and spurring our depth into the offensive zone more than its presently happening...

i remain optimistic that the flu effects will subside and our depth scoring sparks back to help us run @ 0.625 hockey sooner rather than later...

The Pro at this point... at our 41 game mark, we had more pts than SJ or LA at theirs.... The games in hand thing still plays in our favor at this point despite our worst stretch of the season...

Last edited:

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
50 gm point.

Scoring and PP taking a hit and letting us down.... Otherwise status quo and stable in the numbers....

Missing Bieksa, Richardson, Kassian from the lineup for chunks of this block.. one of em by choice...

At least Kassian will get in soon for another chance here.

Really liked Horvat coming into his own this last block of games.. his increasing effectiveness should help over this next 10, and beyond....

Next 10, road heavy... just what the doctor ordered:

Pit
@ Min
@ Chi
Bos (b2b)
@ Cal (b2b)
Min
@ NYR (b2b)
@ NJD (b2b)
@ NYI
@ Bos

2 travelling back-2-backs in there... This will be a FUN finish to February here!
6 wins please!

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
An interesting find while i was looking at stats...

Henrik has taken 515 faceoffs...
Vrbata and Daniel combined have taken 5.
Burrows has taken 11.

Point is... that is an extremely low rate of getting kicked out of the faceoff dot.

If Horvat 'qualified' for the faceoff leaders of the league... he would rank 39th with his 51.4%.
So not quite the faceoff messiah he started out looking like... but definitely very solid... and outstanding for a rookie - who traditionally struggle.
He's #1 in FO% among rookies (with at least 20 faceoffs)

Last edited:

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
An interesting find while i was looking at stats...

Henrik has taken 515 faceoffs...
Vrbata and Daniel combined have taken 5.
Burrows has taken 11.

Point is... that is an extremely low rate of getting kicked out of the faceoff dot.

They probably aren't cheating enough then. Those damn classy, respectable Sedins.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Update... and lots to like about a 7-3 run.

Scoring came back in a big way.. 35 goals in the last 10 : 3.5 g/gm
Everything else held up well..

For Corsi/Fenwick... I switched over to NHL official stats since the site i was referencing ceased updating after the NHL added them.... So we can't really look at it a drop since the sources are inconsistent...

Next 10:

@ Buf
v St.L
v SJ
@ Az
@ SJ
v Ana
v LA
v Tor
v Phi
v CBJ

Another run of Cali teams. We've fared well and passed all tests so far this season... repeat 7 wins please!

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Updated....

5-4-1 over the last 10.

2 Power Play goals.

Our goals against went waaaaay up as our depth D finally started to break down in effectiveness...

Bieksa, Edler and Tanev all healthy will help over the finish of the season.

12 gms...

Haven't been under 500 for any segment over this season... Please don't start now.

The Pros...
D is healthy... so it should find a groove here soon.
Sedins look primed to carry us..
Horvat line starting to gain consistency.

The Cons...
Our middle 6 is a mess in terms of effectiveness and chemistry.

The Keys...
Get Richardson and Kassian back to get Burrrows back into the middle 6 to stabilize it.
Need more of Eddie Lack from the previous 10 days prior to last night... and less Eddie Lackup from last night.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
We lose at all the intangibles. 28th in hits and face-offs.. Needs more Bo, less Vey and Bonino.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Hits and faceoffs aren't intangibles.. They're tangibles, hence the 28th place rankings. ;)

Haha, very true. I guess the true intangibles are grit, heart and leadership.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
80 game mark...

Not a full update... that will come at the end of the regular season... but here's some of the basics from the last 10 game chunk....

6-3-1, 13 pts!

Great time to come up with the 3rd best 10 game segment of the yr.

Wins: LA, LA, St.L, Nas, Wpg, Az
Losses: Col, Dal, Chi, Wpg

8 (EIGHT) PP goals... highest output since 9 in the first 10 gms of the season. 5 PPGA
30 goals (3.00 g/gm)... 26 against (2.60 ga/gm)

Those were some heavy heavy wins right there.

Daniel tied for 8th in scoring!

Only point of concern: shots against.. last 7 gms: 37, 36, 38, 38, 24, 40, 38... need to reel that back in.. But.. "Eddie, Eddie, Eddie..."

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Full props to Willie for throwing Weber on the first PP unit and going to the two defensemen setup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad