Post-Game Talk: Can't Win If You Can't Score (Sharks 4 Jets 0)

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Jesus Christ. What a defensive effort by the Sharks. They deserve the credit for that, no doubt about that.

The Jets, on the other hand... not so much. I've seen worse, but some of the mistakes that were made are not acceptable (mainly the second goal and the two Couture breakaways). Offensively, either you were snakebitten, or a combination of Jones, Vlasic and Braun got in your way. You'd think that 30+ shots on goal would have resulted in something other than us getting shut out, but tonight, it was not meant to be. Moreover, we'll have to hope for the best in regards to Mason. A serious injury wouldn't be welcomed with open arms.

Well. This road trip is now over and done with. Four points out of eight isn't that bad an outcome. Next week, we'll have two crucial games against Minnesota and Colorado.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Well this game will go towards lowering our PDO and improving raw corsi.

A step towards sustainability. Yay.

Seriously though. Shit happens. Nice game by the Sharks. 4 out of 8 was my benchmark, bounce back against Minny

Reactions: KingBogo

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
Took 4 points out of possible 8, good enough. Regroup and get ready for next one.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Can't fault the effort but you can fault the special teams, but Jones was definitely the biggest factor tonight.

Silver lining? We put up 37 shots against the #1 rated team in the league when it comes to shots against. Unfortunately they're also #1 in goals against so...

Also I kinda hope these lines stick for a game or so.

purdy44

Registered Loser
Feb 8, 2013
Lac Seul, ON
I hate Sportsnet and the HNIC panel. Just needed to get that off my chest. Can't win em all. A single loss doesn't bother me, it's the game AFTER said loss that we should focus on. Also, did I hear that stat right? First goalless game this season for the Jets?

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
200cjn.jpg

If you are going to lose a game, this is not a bad way of losing it. The Preds game bothers me way more than this game.

I hope Maurice doesn't stick to the lines that he changed to in the 2nd.

SirKlaus

Nov 8, 2017
I'l take four points out of Cali trip any time. First line looked gassed at times - Wheels and Scheif pulled some monster shifts.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
To the thread title
br0MMCX.gif

Smart thinking by the Jets...umm wait I don't think that's how this is supposed to work. :laugh:

Pretty blah game, neither team played that well. Sharks got the goals but at the same time we could have also had those goals. Call it puck luck, bounces, whatever.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Not mad at all. Check that...who was the Sportsnet executive that thought Jason York could provide color??? That's the only source of my frustration.

Split the trip and that was all I was hoping for.

WHO THE F**K is Jason York?

Reactions: bustamente

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Not mad at all. Check that...who was the Sportsnet executive that thought Jason York could provide color??? That's the only source of my frustration.

Split the trip and that was all I was hoping for.

WHO THE F**K is Jason York?

He was the colour guy for the Canadiens last year on SN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad