GDT: Canes @ Wings

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
Can say that I watched this when I woke up this morning, and the game was so boring (especially the second period) that I almost fell asleep again. But good with a win.

Also, was the arena very quiet, or was the crown tuned down on the TV? So damn quiet for much of the game.
I wanted to write the same thing, it was very boring in second period! Arena was not load at all btw.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I said it to a fellow Caniac yesterday to get ready for Lindholm to blow up....I know its only one game, but it seems like a similar time last year that he started playing with Staal (if I recall correctly) and he turned it on. Hopefully this year it will be more in the goals department.

I feel like we have 4/5 components that can almost make up 2 good lines, just one player short to finish that second line. Either that or Staal is just the most underrated player ever and whoever he plays with produces at an all star level.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I feel like we have 4/5 components that can almost make up 2 good lines, just one player short to finish that second line. Either that or Staal is just the most underrated player ever and whoever he plays with produces at an all star level.

He made a line with himself, Nestrasil, and Nordstrom seem like a legitimate NHL 2nd line, despite the fact those two are replacement level players, if even that.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Solid performance--and pretty much what most Canes' fans expected to see this year. Solid D, competent goaltending, opportunistic scoring. I am an outlier in that I think all top 3 lines are capable. I think TT/Staal/Lindholm will produce much like TSA. While McGinn seems to be "Mr. Hit the Post," the second line is driving play and sound defensively. And I think none of us realized that we missed Stempniak quite so much. The interesting thing is if the team wins 2 or 3 more before All-star break, where does Aho play when he comes back? I would think it might be the perfect time to try him at center--between McGinn and Williams. Move Rask down to play with Skinner/Stempniak and have Ryan play RW on fourth. That gives fourth a little more offense and another face-off option.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
We are too gentlemanly for that.

Maybe we can be renamed the Southern Gentlemen and our logo can be a monocle and top hat?

dVRi2b

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Really out there comment...I wish we'd kept Nash for 4C over McC & now Kruger.

It’s an entirely different strategy with a guy like Nash. He’s the type you’d only start in the offensive zone as a 4th line which based on personnel selection doesn’t seem like Peters/Francis MO.

I’d like to see the 4th line re-made with 3 young guys who can play both ends of the ice like McGinn-Roy/Wallmark-McLovin, for example. That’s a year or so out unfortunately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad