GDT: 'Canes (WC1) @ Caps (Met1) Game 1

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
After ten long years, here we are. The first game of the first series of the first playoff appearance in 10 years for this bunch of jerks.

I like the "bunch of jerks" branding. If a native German or Slovakian became a hockey fan and read the Wikipedia articles of all the NHL teams, like I did as a bored high school student in the fall of 2009, then learning the Carolina Hurricanes are also known as the "Jerks", which is an English idiom for jackass, asswhole, or generally disrespectful person, is the kind of interesting thing said random Euro would remember. Like I remembered that Mario Lemieux's 199 points in 69 games or whatever was the only season that ever came close to Gretzky's untouchable 200 point seasons while not paying the slightest attention in AP Comparative Governement. Easiest class ever.

Players to watch:

Ovechkin

Bear witness. Ovechkin is one of the top 5 left wingers ever. Since 2005 teams have known how he'll score. Whacking it really hard above the left dot. And no one has figured out a way to stop him since. Can the Hurricanes top 5 defense finally stymie this Russian genius of whack-a-puck. Also he's good at Fortnite.

Backstrom

Vengeance will be claimed for the uncontrovertable crimes Backstrom has committed. When he awakens in his hospital bed, when Kuznetsov crawls into the bed, big spoon, and whispers softly, "We lost, Game 6, on a Lucas Wallmark goal"...and then realizes he can't feel his legs,..then he will have finally learned his lesson.

Holtby
b94e800911eeef737e2e9fc8d84d86f3.jpg

I once watched Holtby shutout the 'Canes, then get lit up by Charlotte a week later. Oskar Osala was very impressive that game. Drink if you immediately knew the name.

Jeff Skinner

I have it on good authority the mods will perma ban anyone who so much as mentions the name Jeff Skinner (henceforth known as **** ******) from here on out. Consider this as what may possibly be your final or penultimate or tertiary warning before this untimely fate.

Petr Mrazek

I was listening to this on the radio and dammit, the youtube doesn't do John's orgasm into the mike justice.

Lines:

go to twitter you lazy f***.

Last edited:

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
AchingSarcasticElephantbeetle-size_restricted.gif

#RAISEDUP this morning with a smile on my face (excuse the grammar lol).

Also, this is totally random but I was watching Rocky IV (one of my fave childhood movies) and got to the BEST SPORTS MONTAGE OF ALL TIME ( come @ me!) and it struck me:

Have we made our obligatory Rocky IV / Russian / Drago jokes yet?

Ovi vs I dunno, maybe Willy because he's an older dude with 3 cups going for 4 lol.

cut.png

Or maybe Rod (with his ridiculous and notorious workouts)---"Roddy IV" lol _-I dunno.

Rocky was #BackinBlack for his workout, too--ahaha.

giphy.gif

I've obviously had too much caffeine. But all this is to say........#GOCANES!

::Screams loudly at the top of the stairs::"OVI....OVIIIIIII!"

97hy.gif

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You shouldn't expect the Bolts to let you back in the way the Bolts did either.

First 82 games are practice games.

You don't but the Bolts are known for speed, skill and talent...not necessarily for crazy efforts or intensity. Last season their game fell apart after christmas and then they got outworked in the playoffs. Not gonna claim that they're lazy or whatever but they clearly underestimated the Jackets and failed to match their intensity in game 1. That won't happen to the Caps but I do think that the Canes have what it takes to beat them.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00