GDT: Canes visit the Fighting Wayne Newtons 3/1

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
The defense has gotten burned on breakouts and 2 on 1s more often than usual.

I'm not sure if that's the dmen pinching even harder or if it's the goalies not bailing them out as much as last season.

Either way it is a trend we need to be wary of.
Well, when you can't generate offense from the players on the forward lines, it does tend to cause the defense to try and do too much

Am I the only who thinks Necas is a one man show because he feels that he has to do so on his line? This line concerns me. I know KK is on the rise but the execution still looks iffy and hit or miss to me. Plus whatever is going on with TT?
Turbo has been a passenger this season. Looks completely disinterested in playing most nights, and while I know that's his usual state of being, he looks even more disinterested than he has in previous years.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
If we can get Bertuzzi at an acceptable rate (even if he isn’t scoring)
Bertuzzi-Aho-Svech
Jarvis-KK-Necas
Turbo-Staal-Fast
Marty-Stas-Noesen

Let puljujarvi rotate in there wherever in the bottom 6. Heck put Marty at Center and run Noesen-Marty-Puljujarvi

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Am I the only who thinks Necas is a one man show because he feels that he has to do so on his line? This line concerns me. I know KK is on the rise but the execution still looks iffy and hit or miss to me. Plus whatever is going on with TT?

I commented earlier that that line has looked like bunk lately, especially compared to the Aho line. It's a bunch of players that are making great individual plays, but have no cohesion as a line.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
I'm still pissed at mr lightning whistle. The puck hit the goalie up high and immediately fell and he still managed to blow it dead before the puck even touched the ice.

Doesn't excuse the d giving up free breakaways, but i think an extra goal may have been impactful.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014

I'll say Necas has been our MVP this season. It's easier to see his impact b/c he's flashy but he's the MVP.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I'm still pissed at mr lightning whistle. The puck hit the goalie up high and immediately fell and he still managed to blow it dead before the puck even touched the ice.

Doesn't excuse the d giving up free breakaways, but i think an extra goal may have been impactful.

Especially considering Vegas scored minutes after that blown call, I’d say it definitely played a factor.

Also, the Leafs coach said this about his team after their recent loss to the Oilers, and I feel it applies to the Canes as well:

”They didn’t play with any purpose or intelligence.”

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad