Confirmed with Link: Canes sign G Antoine Bibeau - 1yr 700k/75k two-way

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Only other news to come of this is Helvig is probably in the ECHL again this year.

... But why? Is he even an upgrade in the A over Helvig?
That's my thinking, Helvig probably has a chance to be just as good or better but will probably be cast-off to the ECHL again. HOPEFULLY, Bibeau is just like insurance in case Ned gets a callup or Helvig bombs and the plan is to use him as a vet presence 3rd G

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Lets Helvig start in Greenville while Ned starts in Chicago? Other option is you sign or have Greenville sign 2 ECHL goalies.
Fair point on this. If the intention is to just completely go with Ned and let the other goalie have the 2nd game of B2Bs or game 2 in a 3 game stand, may as well sign some rando castoff and let the other prospect you signed get the #1 spot in the ECHL. If Ned's around 50 some starts, Helvig around 40 some, and Bibeau around 20 it makes sense.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Chicago wants vets. Canes probably want a guy that isn't Ned that can come up in a pinch. Helvig may have a major character concern and doesn't have very good numbers save playing for the Everblades, which seems to usually be a very good ECHL team. I get we're damaged as a fanbase for NHL and prospect goalies, but not sure why anyone gives a damn about Helvig.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Chicago wants vets. Canes probably want a guy that isn't Ned that can come up in a pinch. Helvig may have a major character concern and doesn't have very good numbers save playing for the Everblades, which seems to usually be a very good ECHL team. I get we're damaged as a fanbase for NHL and prospect goalies, but not sure why anyone gives a damn about Helvig.
I had definitely forgotten about the domestic violence allegation (has anyone heard if more came of it? I'd assume he could be released if convicted?). That said, don't so much care about where Helvig ends up as much as Bebop being almost Darling-level the past few years as the guy they signed to be Neds backup

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I had definitely forgotten about the domestic violence allegation (has anyone heard if more came of it? I'd assume he could be released if convicted?). That said, don't so much care about where Helvig ends up as much as Bebop being almost Darling-level the past few years as the guy they signed to be Neds backup
His numbers the last year he actually played a meaningful number of games look rather similar to Forsberg last year. I think he's perfectly fine as a veteran AHL goalie.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Well. We have signed men like pipoo.

[I am sorry, the joke is untranslateable.]

Reactions: Highway29

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006

in my ignorance i have decided to go with "pi" translates to "cliff" - i assume not as good as it truly is, and just turns this into a very literal statement, but works for me.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA

hgo9wvlf86o11.jpg

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
in my ignorance i have decided to go with "pi" translates to "cliff" - i assume not as good as it truly is, and just turns this into a very literal statement, but works for me.

The headwear this male model is wearing is "pipo" in Finnish. "Pipoo" is the vernacular partitive form of the words, and also how you would write the pronounciation of Bibeau in Finnish.

EMINEM.jpg

Originally the beanie caps in my whereabouts were conical in shape. They got their Finnish name from a yard game that uses a lot of cones the name of which were "pipo".

There is a Finnish idiom "there are people/folks/men like beanie cap" coming from this game, meaning that there are lots of people somewhere.

And we have been signing a lots of men lately. Men like Bibeau.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
The headwear this male model is wearing is "pipo" in Finnish. "Pipoo" is the vernacular partitive form of the words, and also how you would write the pronounciation of Bibeau in Finnish.

EMINEM.jpg

Originally the beanie caps in my whereabouts were conical in shape. They got their Finnish name from a yard game that uses a lot of cones the name of which were "pipo".

There is a Finnish idiom "there are people/folks/men like beanie cap" coming from this game, meaning that there are lots of people somewhere.

And we have been signing a lots of men lately. Men like Bibeau.

Should’ve used a picture of Bieber TBH.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad