Confirmed with Link: Canes sign Calvin de Haan 4 years 18.2M

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Yeah, lack of offensive contribution is still a concern but can't argue with how good Slavin-Pesce and de Haan-Hamilton looks. Wonder what we have in store for the bottom pairing, perhaps one of Fleury or TVR may be on the move?

Move out TvR in lieu of Faulk and that's the best defense the Hurricanes have ever iced.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
.....why?

Opportunity and, dare I say, the possibility to help be part of turning this team into a winning one? I mean, they've got a ton of young talent here and on the horizon, even excluding what Faulk and/or Skinner might return. The near future looks as bright as it's been in a long time. Just gotta hope the goaltending holds up and they find a solution at center.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I thought the Canes might add a guy like Enstrom. Posted in the De Haan thread today dreaming that he’d fit so well next to Hamilton.

De Haan - Hamilton is a significant tangible, on-ice upgrade to Hanifin - Faulk in all 3 zones.

The idea of Fleury, TVR, Bean, Fox, and McKeown bolstering the 3rd pair for the next 3-4 years is a real treat. So much utility and depth.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
If someone had told me a month ago we’d have a second pairing of DeHaan - Hamilton I’d have told them to lay off the meth.

I can’t believe I’m actually somewhat happy with what Waddell is doing. The Hamilton trade would have never ever in a million years happened under Francis. I think Ronnie did a decent job of picking up the pieces JR left, but the man was so risky averse it was absurd. GMDW is makin some moves, baby.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I can’t believe I’m actually somewhat happy with what Waddell is doing. The Hamilton trade would have never ever in a million years happened under Francis. I think Ronnie did a decent job of picking up the pieces JR left, but the man was so risky averse it was absurd. GMDW is makin some moves, baby.

“There just wasn’t a deal to be made.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad