Confirmed with Link: Canes sign C Drew Shore - 1yr 700k/150k two-way

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
He's a blend of Eddie Shore and Drew Bannister. Unfortunately the ratio was waaaaay off.

Edward_Mitchell_Bannister%27s_painting_%27Driving_Home_the_Cows%27.jpg

Driving Home the Cows,
1881, by tonalist painter Edward Bannister (1828-1901)

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
alright this is a weird one with all the talent out there right now. is this some kind of 3,000 iq scouting hunch or did somebody owe somebody? you don't often see guys who are successful in the khl sign contracts at his age to play in the american league so the offer to make the team had to be sincere enough for him to take a chance considering he's been out of north america a long time.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
alright this is a weird one with all the talent out there right now. is this some kind of 3,000 iq scouting hunch or did somebody owe somebody? you don't often see guys who are successful in the khl sign contracts at his age to play in the american league so the offer to make the team had to be sincere enough for him to take a chance considering he's been out of north america a long time.
Maybe he has a family and wants them in the Western Hemisphere

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
that part is less unusual than the part where he has enough pull to just get an nhl contract right now when tons of people that usually wouldn't be out of work long as far as veteran american league talent are waiting for calls.

He spent some time with Dougie and Freddie Hamilton in the Calgary system. That’s all I can find in a quick look see

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

Hey, it's happened before with the Smurfian Warrior himself, Nathan Gerbe!

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Maybe he has a family and wants them in the Western Hemisphere
That's my thought. With this Covid chaos can anyone blame a North American player for taking a bit of a pay cut to be closer to family? He's probably made enough to be comfortable in his career, why not be a quad a guy for a year or two before going back when things are more settled and family is once again able to travel.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
That's my thought. With this Covid chaos can anyone blame a North American player for taking a bit of a pay cut to be closer to family? He's probably made enough to be comfortable in his career, why not be a quad a guy for a year or two before going back when things are more settled and family is once again able to travel.

Whether he was alone in Europe or with his immediate family, not being able to get out of Europe due to travel restrictions early on would definitely impact my decisions on where to play.

And that applies both for the NA players and for the European players.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Whether he was alone in Europe or with his immediate family, not being able to get out of Europe due to travel restrictions early on would definitely impact my decisions on where to play.

And that applies both for the NA players and for the European players.
Exactly. If it came down to playing at home for 150k or playing in Russia for 250k while this is going on, I'm playing at home. And that's not a bag on Russia or anywhere else in Europe. I'd have the opposite position if I were say Jesper Sellgren right now where if I'm not going to be in the NHL this year I'd want to be in the SHL with everything that's going on since it's closer to home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad