GDT: Canes @ Sens | March 31 | 7:30PM EST | SNET East, TVA

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Makes you wonder where we could be if we worked a little bit more, the east is wide open this year... Sucks, still keep the faith though !

I.e. that blown lead vs Montreal.

We`d be 2 pts out.

The back to back loss in Alberta, and we`d be in a wild card position. Nuff said.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
now we know why Hemsky didn't get to shoot in the shootout vs Florida. Sens stats guys missed his success on it and Hemsky let the staff know too late.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada

We`d be 2 pts out.

The back to back loss in Alberta, and we`d be in a wild card position. Nuff said.

If you look at where I come from, the MTL one is pissing me off a lot, embarassing display of referees we got robbed, but we still gave up the lead. We sweep STL and lose against non playoffs teams... These wins are nice but ****kkk we killed ourselves

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013

We`d be 2 pts out.

Just came to post this but word it different if the Refs never handed Montreal that win they would be 3 points back. They did get a point in ot that game. And blame Hemsky for loss against Edmonton.

Senafan

May 17, 2013
Wonder what was up with Karlsson tonight? One of the worse games I've seen him play.

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
Realistically, even if we landed in the 8th or 7th seed the Bruins or Penguins would destroy us. Remember that game before the Olympic break?

I'm not too broken up about missing the playoffs this year. Too many things went wrong this season for us to be a contender: the Ryan injury, Spezza's adjustment to captaincy, Karlsson's prolonged recovery issues (I'm hoping that's a big part of his defensive troubles this season), sophomore slumps for some of our young guys.

I still think there's room for optimism with the direction of the team, even if it doesn't look like we're going to become Cup favourites over night. I'm willing to chalk a lot of this up to an Alfie hangover and prepare for next season.

TheBaxMan*

Jan 7, 2012
Ottawa
Remember that ALL teams have lost valuable points due to games they should have won, not just the Sens. It's easy to say we killed ourselves but from a league-wide perspective the Sens aren't at any disadvantage.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Not sure if this was mentioned, but I think that was Pageau's 4th game in 4 days. Bingo just finished a 3 in 3 weekend.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I'd like to see us run the table if only because it doesn't feel like Spring without the Sens in the playoffs. With that said, I'm starting to feel a great deal more optimistic about next season. I'm mostly worried about our impending UFAs.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Remember that ALL teams have lost valuable points due to games they should have won, not just the Sens. It's easy to say we killed ourselves but from a league-wide perspective the Sens aren't at any disadvantage.

Maybe but I still feel this club is a lot better than what it has shown, I really think we're a better hockey club than the Habs and Tampa.

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
Maybe but I still feel this club is a lot better than what it has shown, I really think we're a better hockey club than the Habs and Tampa.

Maybe offensively...

We let in 250 goals this year, tied for worst in the league. 60g more than Montreal, 50g more than Tampa. So about 0.7g more per game...

We also give up the most shots per game except, guess who, the Leafs.

I know we will be better next year, but to think that this year we are something better than a 9-12 team ain't reality.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Realistically, even if we landed in the 8th or 7th seed the Bruins or Penguins would destroy us. Remember that game before the Olympic break?

I'm not too broken up about missing the playoffs this year. Too many things went wrong this season for us to be a contender: the Ryan injury, Spezza's adjustment to captaincy, Karlsson's prolonged recovery issues (I'm hoping that's a big part of his defensive troubles this season), sophomore slumps for some of our young guys.

I still think there's room for optimism with the direction of the team, even if it doesn't look like we're going to become Cup favourites over night. I'm willing to chalk a lot of this up to an Alfie hangover and prepare for next season.

I`d still rather get killed in the playoffs than no playoffs. Never know, might get matched with Montreal again :)

Plus no first roudn pick means as soon as season is up, it`s up.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Maybe offensively...

We let in 250 goals this year, tied for worst in the league. 60g more than Montreal, 50g more than Tampa. So about 0.7g more per game...

I know we will be better next year, but to think that this year we are something better than a 9-12 team ain't reality.

This year I agree, Im speaking overall, I think our D corp as bad as it has been can tighten up a lot, it just seems that on the backend and nets, they all regressed. Cowen Weircioch Phillips heck even Methot... I'll give EK a pass cause he still has 70pts but I think he's lazy and doesnt want to battle, next year no excuses.

MTL doesn't have a D squad a lot better than us IMO but they play as a team and support each other. Tampa's D is ..... Not crazy either, I just think everything that could've been wrong this year went wrong, sadly. But I agree with next year

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I`d still rather get killed in the playoffs than no playoffs. Never know, might get matched with Montreal again :)

Plus no first roudn pick means as soon as season is up, it`s up.

My thoughts exactly, anything can happen in the playoffs and it's awesome

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Same here. Nothing beats the playoffs, even a sweep is better than no post-season at all unless you have a high first round pick within a good draft.

Berserker*

Maybe offensively...

On a related note we are also:
28th in the league for blocked shots,
28th for goals against,
27th for shorthanded goals against,
29th for power play goals against,
27th in average goals against per game,
29th in shots against,
29th in shots against per game

Simply stated, we suck defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz