GDT: Canes @ Sens | March 31 | 7:30PM EST | SNET East, TVA

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Realistically, even if we landed in the 8th or 7th seed the Bruins or Penguins would destroy us. Remember that game before the Olympic break?

I'm not too broken up about missing the playoffs this year. Too many things went wrong this season for us to be a contender: the Ryan injury, Spezza's adjustment to captaincy, Karlsson's prolonged recovery issues (I'm hoping that's a big part of his defensive troubles this season), sophomore slumps for some of our young guys.

I still think there's room for optimism with the direction of the team, even if it doesn't look like we're going to become Cup favourites over night. I'm willing to chalk a lot of this up to an Alfie hangover and prepare for next season.

Dont think PEnguins would destryo us unlike last year. WE can school a hell of a lot more this year and besides making the playoffs>>>>golfing

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
I'm not saying it would be a BAD thing to make the playoffs ;)

I'm just saying that I'm not losing sleep about them missing it this year. This season has been frustrating as hell, but as the season winds down I'm starting to accept how and why it was an off-year for us, and am at least a little bit more optimistic that we are going in a good direction.

I mean everyone is totally right, anything can happen in the playoffs and no matter what it's better than not being there. But, I just don't think this is/was going to be our year. I don't think we have to get too worked up about 'what could have been' quite to the same extent as in some other seasons.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
The season ended in Alberta. If we would have taken care of that we would be making the playoffs imo.

Yes!

There are bunch of reasons why we're in this position on April 1st. The goaltenders weren't too hot earlier this year, we only had one line going for most of the season, weird coaching decisions, bad defensive coverage all year. But if we want to pin point at a few games, you're right; 2 little pts on a possible 8 against Alberta teams.

We also lost 4 games when leading at least 4-2 at one point. Vs Toronto, Chicago, NY Islanders and Montreal. We got 3 pts out of a possible 8.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
We win every last game to end this season and let the chips fall where they may, we may be in the playoffs anyhow. Crazier stuff has happened. I am just going to enjoy the fact that they are winning and looking better as a team, which bodes well for next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad