GDT: Canes@Rangers

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Can we beat Regular Season Rongos??
EEE24F98-7359-4129-94FB-E63D31D7BDD0.jpeg

ETA: I will never understand why this matchup is so lopsided in the regular season but not in the playoffs lol

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Today and Thurs very well could be a 1st round preview.

Rangers have scored 13 combined unanswered goals over the last 2 games. We are struggling to find any offense and our goalies are as leaky as a boat made of a screen door that didn't use FlexSeal.

Save us Angry-Aho, you're our only hope.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The Rangers have scored 5 goals or more in the last 4 games against the Canes dating back to Game 6 last year.

This team needs to get back to the defense and goaltending that limited them to 2 goals total over 3 playoff games at PNC. The scoring depth to overcome leaky play is not there.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
These next two are interesting for sure. I thought we looked pretty good in the first game against them, but our goaltending was shaky and I think I recall some odd bounces. The second, I thought we were okay, but it was one of those scenarios where the Rangers had been playing and we came off the bye, and that scenario is almost always a scheduled loss for teams.

Sure, the team will need to figure out how to score, but I want to see the goalies be a little sharper, and the players in front of them need to stop with the dumb turnovers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad