GDT: Canes @ Rangers

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I used a very scientific method in determining who should play tonight

xzbedbrsxnnsbqkh.png

Naturally, the only place to depart from that makes sense is Washington DC. But before beginning their journey, they make sure to stock up on plenty of medkits and money, given who's in the party.

At 8AM, our heroes exit the city and make it to their first stop in Pittsburgh in less than 8 hours thanks to the brutal pace required by our hero bilpeto. So far everyone is healthy and able to keep up, a good sign for the rest of the campaign. The locals aren't very friendly, however, refusing to trade. They say they have reason to keep medkits and money of their own.

As has been the case, bilpeto's group doesn't start their next outing on time, and they don't leave for their next destination until 8PM. Just outside the city, a hoard of "people" are gathered, presumably to finish off the slowly dying city. bilpeto's first major decision is whether to sneak through, clear a path, hire help, or do nothing and wait to see if "they" disperse. It's a tough decision.

bilpeto knows his party has never been good at shootouts, and his up-tempo mindset has him scoffing at the idea of resting. He wants to bring in some help, guys he can trust, but he's running low on money, so he decides to sneak through and take advantage of what few opportunities he's given. More money is hemorrhaged, but the group escapes with all their limbs intact. Soon they reach their next landmark.

xzfjmhqaerqpbjki.png

In Indianapolis, they meet some survivors looking to bring in a group of their own. They want to to trade a 72 dollars for a muffler, but bilpeto is no muffler salesman, so he declines the offer. He checks on his group, and everyone is still in good health and no leaders have emerged, so he continues on, frustrated.

The group makes it to Chicago without incident. Along the way, they find some wild berries, which bilpeto keeps for himself. He says, "This is the hammer. You have to earn this." In talking to the locals, he learns that once you are infected, your body slowly wastes away. He suddenly has doubts about some members of his party. But at 3PM, he marches onward.

At a remote shack, probably somewhere around Detroit, he learns that they might have a cure out west. Suddenly, his mission becomes clear. He heads to St. Louis.

On the way, the pace becomes too much, and he starts to run out of food. He must scavenge. In the forest, shadows creep from all directions. He doesn't know what he's aiming at, but his trigger finger is itchy and he fires shots wildly that miss their target. Not that any of his party would have done any better. Still, he manages to secure 5 ounces of food. He wonders what happened to his pre-game meals.

They make it to St. Louis hungry, but unharmed. He replenishes his supplies and marches on without rest. The wear on the faces of his party begin to become obvious.

Midway through the next leg, the group is begging to stop. Their current conditioning isn't sufficient for what's demanded of them. Bipeto relents, and finds a cozy cave. It's not exactly the 5-star hotels that they're used to, but it'll do. At 7PM, they head for their next city, sure to miss warm-ups.

bilpeto wonders when Memphis was added to the route, but nevertheless, stops to take advantage of the situation. He stocks up again, but money is tight. Regrets in not finding a more financially stable situation float into his mind.

Outside the city, the reason for Memphis becomes clear. He encounters another horde. Since sneaking through worked last time, despite the process, he thinks it must work again. And it does, this time without any losses. Shortly thereafter, however, he loses a fuel can on the road, and vows to will fire the equipment manager as soon he gets back to Raleigh. That level of carelessness just won't stand.

He passes through the desolate south, a prison, and a hospital, before running into his first crisis.

ugUu7sd.png

The last thing bilpeto wants is the mumps rampaging through his club, and supplies and money are dwindling. So he does the only thing he can do.

8jkfE0x.png

It's an emotional time for everyone, but the group continues on, undeterred. They arrive in Dallas, and run into a familiar face. Erik Cole is alive and healthy. Bilpeto suggests that he re-join his crew, but Cole just rambles, "I'm always worry'n over roamers sneaking up on me me when I take a piss -- haven't seen any in awhile, but still a worry." Bilpeto accepts that Cole is a lost cause, and backs away.

Rations are running low, so scavenging must take place again. bilpeto once again walks into the woods, this time acting like he's been there before. He holds off the opposition, and finds a dead pig that he lugs back to the group. It should tide them over for awhile. As for water?

xzrrhdiakqssmohi.png

This has predictable consequences as Semin now comes down with a fever. But bilpeto was instructed not to give up on him, so he quarantines his sniper with a cache of meds. They rest at a strip club.

In Albuquerque, bilpeto has a tough time finding anyone to trade with. Meth is in high demand, and he regrets not stocking up back home in Raleigh. He buys a few ounces of food from a general store with what little money he has left. In the desert, the water runs dry, and there is little to find. The situation leads to predictable consequences.

epwx77l.png

bilpeto has dealt with his group having GI issues in the past, but nothing like this. As they arrive in Las Vegas, Malone adds cholera to his resume. The group stops to rest, but Malone only gets worse. bilpeto wonders if he may have to make another difficult decision soon, as if this whole ordeal wasn't difficult enough.

They arrive at a mine to rest. bilpeto weighs the option of leaving Malone there when they depart, but come morning, he's healthy again. He sighs in relief, and wonders why the rest of his squad can't match Malone's intensity in fighting through his personal roadblocks.

Salt Lake City provides another short opportunity to rest. The end is within sight, but first, he must navigate the horde outside, muttering something in unison about "miracles". They steal some medkits, but leave the group otherwise un-harmed. It also presents bilpeto with a tough predicament down the road. His troops are in failing health, and he only has two medkits left. A decision looms.

The last stretch is grueling and hot. Water, rations, food, and fuel are all in short supply. Everyone is unhappy and in rapidly deterorating health. No one is sure how much longer this can go on. But after reaching the top of a hill, bilpeto can see his destination. Then, tragedy strikes.

p0PvrGa.png

With a heavy heart, bilpeto knows what he must do.

hpefo3P.png

He cries in anguish, wondering the point of going on. He trudges the last few miles, dejected. As he enters the city, he's greeted by the locals, who have a bit of a situation on their hands. Suddenly, the bilpeto's purpose becomes clear.

xzlcnlljlipsqrrb.png

A powerplay. He decides that this is something he must do himself. Armed with his remaining snipers to protect, bilpeto is able to deftly avoid the mass of killers with only a few scratches. He becomes a folk hero in town. Banners go up, celebrating his accomplishment. The locals decide to give him the biggest building in the city: Portland Hippodrome. It hasn't been occupied for 60 years, but it's a place bilpeto can finally call home.

xzhmeadjgxflhflp.png

So there you have it. They may be tired, hungry, perhaps infected, and on the west coast of the United States, but Alex Semin and Chris Terry should dress tonight.

(If you want to play, go here)

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
lindholm is a healthy scratch tonight. peters is officially a joke. good north american boy jeff skinner in the midst of another extended disappearing act and will still be in the lineup with a regular PP shift. will he score his first PP goal of the season? stay tuned.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
lindholm is a healthy scratch tonight. peters is officially a joke. good north american boy jeff skinner in the midst of another extended disappearing act and will still be in the lineup with a regular PP shift. will he score his first PP goal of the season? stay tuned.

i am done

done

**** your hammer bill

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Meh. Lindholm doesn't do it for me. He's ok. But scratching him doesn't make me feel one way or another. A big fat lol to whoever thinks it's because he's Swedish and Skinner is Canadian.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I don't think anyone seriously feels that is the reason.

But I'd scratch Gerbe way, way before I scratch Lindholm. Lindholm is 20. He is going to get better by playing in games and when he does play in games hopefully it's not on the same line as Chris ****ing Terry. Skinner needs to play with Lindholm on the second line. Forever.

Stop ****ing around with Gerbe-Rask-Lindholm and Skinner-Nash-Terry. Those suck.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Eric Staal // Jordan Staal // Elias Lindholm
Jeff Skinner // Victor Rask // Alex Semin
Nathan Gerbe // Riley Nash // Jiri Tlusty
Who Cares // About The // Fourth Line

Jun 13, 2010
NC
I'm pretty sure Lindholm has been on a dry streak for about as long as Skinner has. If not, it sure seems like it. Not sure who I'd really take out instead of him seeing as the 4th line has been playing well of late.

Personally I'd like to see Skinner play on the right side of the PP. He scored a lot of goals from there last year, either via one timer or making a move and cutting inside, and it seems like he has mostly struggled playing on the left side this year.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I'm pretty sure Lindholm has been on a dry streak for about as long as Skinner has. If not, it sure seems like it. Not sure who I'd really take out instead of him seeing as the 4th line has been playing well of late.

Personally I'd like to see Skinner play on the right side of the PP. He scored a lot of goals from there last year, either via one timer or making a move and cutting inside, and it seems like he has mostly struggled playing on the left side this year.

Chris Terry, who is pointless in his past 12 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad