Pre-Game Talk: Canes@Leafs, Tuesday Dec.19th, 2 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
I think 100 years ago, it was on at that time as well. Hopefully we see a lot of youth that day

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
We need to stop this losing skid and start playing better before this thing starts to spiral and the confidence completely drains out of our offensive players

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
Canes completely outplayed us last time and lost. This time I don't think we will be so lucky.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Wait... so this isn't for today? There isn't a Leaf Saturday game? It's for Tuesday? And it's at 2pm?

I feel like the world's gone insane.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
The line I would like to see is: JVR, Matthews, Kapanen. I think that would be a beast line if Matthews could regain the form he had in the first 2 months. Then I would let Nylander and Marner play together and prove they deserve the hype.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Yea, me too. Watching the Leafs lately can make anyone sick.
Lol. Just pvr it folks. Was at the game vs canes last time they were in town, highlight for me was neo’s Old fashion stack pads/glove save on hannafin. Someone needs to tell him to be apart of the hanniplan ... and also switch to RHD.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
If Babcock is forcing a defensive system on us to teach our young kids how to play good structured defensive hockey, why is Carrick getting no games? he's our 2nd youngest defenseman. Why are Nylander and Marner getting less time than Komarov? Why are Leivo and Kapanen hardly getting games?

the reason to me is Babcock has us playing like this because he thinks it's conducive for winning, which is why he says he plans to win every single night. If it was for developmental purposes he would give bigger roles to young players. The fact that he thinks minimizing our talents like this is helpful to winning is staggering to say the least

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I wonder how we would play if these were our lines? I know it would be a heck of a lot more entertaining, that's for sure.

JVR - Matthews - Marner
Marleau - Nylander - Kapanen
Leivo - Kadri - Brown
Komarov - Bozak - Hyman

Gardiner - Hainsey
Dermott - Rielly
Borgman - Zaitsev

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
We never do well against Carolina. I’m fact, our worst game of the year came against them. We can only hope for Matthews coming back and lineup change (no polak).

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
I wonder how we would play if these were our lines? I know it would be a heck of a lot more entertaining, that's for sure.

JVR - Matthews - Marner
Marleau - Nylander - Kapanen
Leivo - Kadri - Brown
Komarov - Bozak - Hyman

Gardiner - Hainsey
Dermott - Rielly
Borgman - Zaitsev
Iffy on the d-pairs but the forwards is pretty much my ideal lines, except for switching Leivo & JVR as Kadri's shown chemistry with JVR, while Matthews has looked magic with Leivo.

For D, I think our current top pair with Gardiner-Carrick and Borgman-Zaitsev filling the bottom 4. Gardiner-Carrick has looked great in the minutes they've gotten surprisingly, and then you have to hope the other pair isn't a travesty.

But man does the LD depth point to a Gardiner trade in the offseason..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA