Speculation: Canes - Flyers (not Skinner or Simmonds)

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
random and low-key idea I was spitballing in my head a bit, but would there be a possible framework around Trevor Van Riemsdyk and Alex Lyon with some adds on whichever side as needed, or would the handedness factor for TVR be a bit of a thing for the Flyers blueline?

Reactions: Unsustainable

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
TVR would just block a young guy from coming up. Unless MacDonald or Gudas are going the other way, I don't think it would work. Also with Neuvirth getting hurt all the time, I don't think the Flyers should move a goalie like Lyons.

Reactions: Brophy and DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
TVR would just block a young guy from coming up. Unless MacDonald or Gudas are going the other way, I don't think it would work. Also with Neuvirth getting hurt all the time, I don't think the Flyers should move a goalie like Lyons.
Sensible, yeah with Hart coming in I wasn't sure what you guys were looking at long-term with Alex.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Moving one of Lyon or Stolarz works for me. Hart gets the starts in the AHL so there’s no room for all three.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Honestly, the Flyers only need a Dman for this 1 year. Because after that, they have:

2019/20

Provy Ghost
Sanheim Gudas
Morin Myers
Hagg AMac

The following year, AMac and Gudas are gone, but Friedman is ready. Then have guys like Hogberg, Bernhardt, etc... on the way too.

I just think adding TVR is not worth the distraction in case he loses out to others for the depth spots. No issue trading Lyon for a pick.

Reactions: DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Honestly, the Flyers only need a Dman for this 1 year. Because after that, they have:

2019/20

Provy Ghost
Sanheim Gudas
Morin Myers
Hagg AMac

The following year, AMac and Gudas are gone, but Friedman is ready. Then have guys like Hogberg, Bernhardt, etc... on the way too.

I just think adding TVR is not worth the distraction in case he loses out to others for the depth spots. No issue trading Lyon for a pick.
Makes sense, what would you guys think Lyon's value would be pick wise at this point?

Reactions: Tripod

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Lyon was highly touted and pursued by atleast 12 NHL teams coming out of Yale.
Out of Lyon and Stolarz I believe Lyon is the more valuable of the two and if Lyon passes through waivers in October without being claimed I’d be surprised.
Lyon’s not quiet on the level of Lindgren in Montreal’s system but he’s not too far away either, and had a great run in the Calder Cup playoffs until he ran into the buzzsaw that was the eventual champion Toronto Marlies.

Hextall should do whatever he can to keep Lyon in Philadelphia until Neuvirth is injured which shouldn’t take too long.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Hextall should do whatever he can to keep Lyon in Philadelphia until Neuvirth is injured which shouldn’t take too long.

tumblr_lkwaf9Yt7B1qch2dx.gif

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad