Post-Game Talk: Canes Flush Habs, 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
It will be getting even uglier tomorrow after Sergachev scores the game winner and Drouin continues playing like... Well, Drouin.

I'm not sure Drouin's problems are based on the fact that he's playing center and not wing. He just may be a very skilled player who's not very effective.

I'll give him a couple of years though.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Man I just hope they don't win tomorrow... We don't need anybody in this organization thinking we have any shot at the playoffs. I want it to be humiliating.
my feelings exactly,when molson puts out a statement like he did in saying bargain brain has a plan and i have confidence in him he needs to be humiliated on a consistent basis,wish all the fans at the next home game would bring a brown paper bag and all put them on at once,can we start this movement?now that would send a message that molson magoo might notice.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I'm not sure Drouin's problems are based on the fact that he's playing center and not wing. He just may be a very skilled player who's not very effective.

I'll give him a couple of years though.

His lack of of on ice work ethic has plenty to do with it, are people closing their eyes when he is on the ice? Pacioretty is the same, if you are not producing in the NHL because what you are doing/not doing is currently not working, would it not be in your best interest to try and change things up? Both of them look like pouting little girls, just watch a shift.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
His lack of of on ice work ethic has plenty to do with it, are people closing their eyes when he is on the ice? Pacioretty is the same, if you are not producing in the NHL because what you are doing/not doing is currently not working, would it not be in your best interest to try and change things up? Both of them look like pouting little girls, just watch a shift.
Carr and Deslauiers are both better than 67 and 92 the last 3 weeks...

Reactions: Tyson

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I wouldn't be surprised if Drouin wants to play with Galchenyuk. They looked good together. Whenever Drouin passed it to Galchenyuk, he knew the puck would come back. He was inexplicably put with Pacioretty again and now anything he tries, his linemate screws it up.

Drouin with Galchenyuk needs to happen again. Best case would be Galchenyuk at center and Drouin on wing. But I'm not a stickler on it. If Drouin is the center, I'll be fine with it because the two most skilled players who have shown chemistry would be together.

Reactions: Habs100

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
Yes, the greatest fear at this point is about how quickly Molson would castrate Bergevin to prevent reactionary movements of pure self preservation.

Best thing is to get a President in place who will fire Bergevin and can start searching for a GM. It's not ideal at this point of the season considering not long into the New Year the the odds of making the playoffs will be infinitesimal and players will need to be moved.

Bobby Smith was GM of the Coyotes for 5 years and is currently the majority owner and President of the Halifax Mooseheads. He has an impeccable reputation and is considered a top hockey mind.

Naturally, he's a good fit for the Habs being a former player with a 1986 ring, was a former 1st overall pick, won the Calder, and was nominated for both the Hart and Selke. He's my choice without hesitation.
But can he speak French? Because that's the first thing that's important when hiring any person...ugh

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if Drouin wants to play with Galchenyuk. They looked good together. Whenever Drouin passed it to Galchenyuk, he knew the puck would come back. He was inexplicably put with Pacioretty again and now anything he tries, his linemate screws it up.

Drouin with Galchenyuk needs to happen again. Best case would be Galchenyuk at center and Drouin on wing. But I'm not a stickler on it. If Drouin is the center, I'll be fine with it because the two most skilled players who have shown chemistry would be together.

I want Drouin and Galchnyuk back together, and Danault and Pacioretty back together. The key then will be finding those duos the right wingers. i.e. not Andrew Shaw. He's been good this year. But he's a 3rd liner. My vote is to give auditions to Gallagher, Byron, Hudon, Lehkonen and Carr. I think the best fit is Gallagher with Pacioretty and Danault and Byron with Drouin and Galchenyuk.

Reactions: gillyguzzler

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I still think Julien is the one most responsible for these last 2 losses. The top two lines have no chemistry. Shaw should not be in the top six. Chucky should be with Drouin, Danault with Pacioretty, etc...

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I still think Julien is the one most responsible for these last 2 losses. The top two lines have no chemistry. Shaw should not be in the top six. Chucky should be with Drouin, Danault with Pacioretty, etc...

He's too stubborn to change lines and just continues to roll 4 lines despite some players playing like shit and some guys having great games. Galchenyuk/Hudon were creating plenty of chances offensively to start the game, we had 1 goal yet they finished 6th/12th out of our forwards in ice time while Pacioretty and his 1 goal in 19 games led our forwards in ice time again.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I'd go with;

Drouin - Galchenyuk - Shaw / Shaw to dig up pucks and take draws on his strong side. All-out offense.
Pacioretty - Danault - Gallagher / Proven combination... No need to overthink it. Can match-up against any line.
Hudon - Plekanec - Lehkonen / Hudon's creativity, Lehkonen's hustle and Plekanec's sound two-way game. Solid match-up line that can contribute offensively.
Deslauriers - Byron - Carr / Byron at center by default... For now.

I'd be trying to move Pacioretty at the deadline. Assuming we don't get roster players in return, I'd then go;

Drouin - Galchenyuk - Shaw
Hudon - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - Plekanec - Lehkonen
Deslauriers - Froese - Carr

I'd try to move Plekanec as well, in which case DLR would work his way into the line-up.

Reactions: vokiel

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Listened to the TSN690 post game show last night and Mike Kelly said the Habs didn't have even a single scoring chance off of a rebound last night. He also said the Habs are one of the top teams in the NHL for shots but 4th worst for scoring chances from high danger areas. This Habs team is a very soft perimeter team for the most part.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
I was thinking of BriseBois for the GM.
I like Brisebois as President, Mark Hunter as GM. And get both Ducharme and Joel Bouchard into the org in some capacity.

Hadn't really considered Bobby Smith but Smith as Prez with JB as GM ought to be OK too. Just about anything would top the current gaggle of incompetents we have.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I like Brisebois as President, Mark Hunter as GM. And get both Ducharme and Joel Bouchard into the org in some capacity.

Hadn't really considered Bobby Smith but Smith as Prez with JB as GM ought to be OK too. Just about anything would top the current gaggle of incompetents we have.

Bobby Smith as a President would be good for me. I would definitely use him to get the Mooseheads European Scouting staff on board, they have been amazing for so long now.

Ducharme and Bouchard are absolutely people you'd want to get on board as well.

I'd take Brisebois as GM, and again, use him to bring aboard some of the scouts from Tampa Bay.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

I like Smith because of his experience. He's been an NHL GM, President and owner in the Q, and has an MBA in Business. Those are perfect qualifications, including the fact he's not yet 60.

BriseBois would make a great GM, I believe, and represents the local component that has been made a requirement. Fortunately, besides being from Quebec, he's also likely the best candidate.

Reactions: Price is Wright

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
But can he speak French? Because that's the first thing that's important when hiring any person...ugh

We'll make him sing la Castafior in Urdu before you can blink!

I'd go with;

Drouin - Galchenyuk - Shaw / Shaw to dig up pucks and take draws on his strong side. All-out offense.
Pacioretty - Danault - Gallagher / Proven combination... No need to overthink it. Can match-up against any line.
Hudon - Plekanec - Lehkonen / Hudon's creativity, Lehkonen's hustle and Plekanec's sound two-way game. Solid match-up line that can contribute offensively.
Deslauriers - Byron - Carr / Byron at center by default... For now.

I'd be trying to move Pacioretty at the deadline. Assuming we don't get roster players in return, I'd then go;

Drouin - Galchenyuk - Shaw
Hudon - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - Plekanec - Lehkonen
Deslauriers - Froese - Carr

I'd try to move Plekanec as well, in which case DLR would work his way into the line-up.

Greate line up, although I'd play Byron on the 3rd and Hudon at center as he's got experience doing it from the farm club.

Idea: How about moving Deslauriers back on defense? He also has experience with that apparently, and our left hand side is a wasteland anyway.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
I want the habs to keep things status quo.
Screw making the team better, lets keep it the same so we continue to lose.

In fact lets play KARL more !! Keep patches on the PP and top line minutes. I will also accept a trade for him.
Honestly let this team sink, bury it in the shit that has been created by MB. Let him drown in his own failure.

As long as Price plays good ( so he can't be the easy scapegoat) Chucky scores to continue to baffle everyone as to why he is being played like a 4th liner and we lose, That is a WIN, WIN and WIN in my books

Bring on the tank!!!

Also , @The Nightman That photo cracked me up big time. Thank you for that GEM !!:thumbu::thumbu:

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Seriously just go into fire sale mode. The team has to be 30-15 in the last 45 games to even sniff the wild card spot. And since they are way too fragile and inconsistent the chance of that happening are less than slim.

Molson and MB are simply clinging to false hopes if they think this edition has any chance of winning anything. Time to face reality and start from scratch

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Giacomo

Sep 26, 2017
we are like 9 points behind boston. time to trade away players for prospects and picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad