GDT: Canes @ Devils Game 3: (3:30PM on TBS)

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
NJ make have just woken up a sleeping giant.

I now can't wait until Tuesday because I'm curious to see how the team responds. They HAVE to have some sort of response. They BETTER have some sort of response.

They did in game 4 after the game 3 drubbing NY Islanders gave them (despite all those other goals coming with like 5 minutes to go).

Also, somewhat expecting this anyway due to NJ being in desperation mode. They needed this win more than we did IMO.

I don't think they gave up 8 goals against in a game all season. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
Weird playoffs thus far.

Pavelski scored 4 goals vs Seattle and team lost. Draisaitl scored 4 vs Vegas and team lost. We scored 3 SH goals vs NJ and lost.

It's supposed to be the other way around.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
It's so amusing how butthurt Islander fans are jumping for joy at Carolina losing today's game on the main board's GDT. Which is still open even with a mod making a post a little bit ago in the wrong topic there; since someone a little bit ago in this topic said they closed the previous GDTs in this series so quickly.

Hate watching and hate posting from Islander fans? I don't even think they're a serious threat/rival like a few other teams. I'd understand if it was Boston or Rangers fans, but they keep having such classy fans overflowing with salt on the main board.

Reminds me of Montreal fans who still can't get over 2006. I'm fine with it personally, we aren't here to be buddy-buddy with everyone, especially the colder climate teams. They don't like us? Hey, the feeling is mutual.

I noticed some people mentioning the main boards, let's be honest here, there is a segment of posters that still can't get over the Hartford Whalers thing and/or upset the bullshit Quebec City rumors didn't come true. You're better off embracing the "hate".

Anyway, shit result today. Hopefully they regroup for Tuesday night.

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
Shake it off and dont let it happen again.

I don't mind if it happens again; AS LONG as we're on the winning side of it. This score would've been so much better if we had the 8 goals scored.

Games 1 and 2 were so nice; it's the way we play when we're on our game. Get back to that on Tuesday and I definitely like our chances the rest of the way.

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
It's so amusing how butthurt Islander fans are jumping for joy at Carolina losing today's game on the main board's GDT. Which is still open even with a mod making a post a little bit ago in the wrong topic there; since someone a little bit ago in this topic said they closed the previous GDTs in this series so quickly.

Hate watching and hate posting from Islander fans? I don't even think they're a serious threat/rival like a few other teams. I'd understand if it was Boston or Rangers fans, but they keep having such classy fans overflowing with salt on the main board.
Make no mistake, nobody is really rooting for us other than us Canes fans and I like it that way. We're well past the cinderella story of 2019. We're Metro division winners and a thorn in the side of most Eastern Conf teams. We especially draw the ire of the so-called hockey "purists" who dont believe hockey belongs in places like Raleigh and Nashville. We can count ourselves the minority from top to bottom.

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
I don't mind if it happens again; AS LONG as we're on the winning side of it. This score would've been so much better if we had the 8 goals scored.

Games 1 and 2 were so nice; it's the way we play when we're on our game. Get back to that on Tuesday and I definitely like our chances the rest of the way.
As someone mentioned earlier, if we are going to lose there are benefits (sometimes!!) to getting your doors blown off. Im hoping this indeed lights the fire and puts a chip on our shoulder for blood next game.

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
Well, I don't know if anyone has read the recap on the website but what Brindamour said is saying something about this team during his tenure:

He said he has NEVER seen us play like that. He also said the team was horrible (which I know he has said before in other bad games).

This one took the cake though.

When the coach says he's never seen the team play like that that's saying something because I've seen a lot of bad losses during his time but they weren't like this when it was just all around bad. Gotta be a 1/1000000.

Hope it is anyway.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Well, I don't know if anyone has read the recap on the website but what Brindamour said is saying something about this team during his tenure:

He said he has NEVER seen us play like that. He also said the team was horrible (which I know he has said before in other bad games).

This one took the cake though.

When the coach says he's never seen the team play like that that's saying something because I've seen a lot of bad losses during his time but they weren't like this when it was just all around bad. Gotta be a 1/1000000.

Hope it is anyway.

That's a challenge as much as it's a scathing critique.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I’m actually of the opinion that this win will be kind of demoralizing for the Devs in a strange way. I mean the game became way more of a pain in the ass for them then it needed to be, plus they got busted up some

Reactions: WreckingCrew

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I’m actually of the opinion that this win will be kind of demoralizing for the Devs in a strange way. I mean the game became way more of a pain in the ass for them then it needed to be, plus they got busted up some

Even the talking heads said Carolina probably doesn't change anything for Tuesday. It was just a shit game at a shit time, but shit. It happens.

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
Even the talking heads said Carolina probably doesn't change anything for Tuesday. It was just a shit game at a shit time, but shit. It happens.

Maybe Raanta in goal (if he's no longer ill)?

However, I have a feeling unless he's injured again that Brindamour will go back to Andersen.

I wouldn't go to Kochetkov.

You know Andersen wants the net again to atone for this POS game.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Maybe Raanta in goal (if he's no longer ill)?

However, I have a feeling unless he's injured again that Brindamour will go back to Andersen.

I wouldn't go to Kochetkov.

You know Andersen wants the net again to atone for this POS game.

I think Andersen probably gets the start. Whatever is going on with Raanta, if it's keeping him from backing up, I doubt he'll be ready for Tuesday. Tomorrow will be telling on where the dice fall across the board.

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
Well you all, I'm going to bed shortly. I work in the morning and get up somewhat early and need my sleep.

Hoping for a better game and a win Tuesday so we can have NJ by the jugular.

Later everyone.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I think Andersen probably gets the start. Whatever is going on with Raanta, if it's keeping him from backing up, I doubt he'll be ready for Tuesday. Tomorrow will be telling on where the dice fall across the board.
If Raanta is too hurt to go, I have to believe we will be letting both Raanta and Freddie walk this summer unless we win the Cup. They've both way, way too unreliable physically to keep around for another year with the aspirations we have.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Hot take #2 Seattle's color scheme is like one of those 80's close schemes we thought looked good at the time but now that we look back we think "WTF was i thinking"

10 years from now we will think the same about the Kraken

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad