Canes Development Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
-Raleigh, NC

Development Camp

It is going to be a big turnout this year at the Carolina Hurricanes development Camp. More importantly, it was a chance for the Carolina Hurricanes brass to get a really good look at some of the prospects close up for the first time.

“I’m probably just excited as the boys that are going to be out on the ice,†said GM Dion Ong. “There is going to pressure on them no question about it. Hopefully, they will do their best and that is what we only ask for.â€

This years camp will be headlined by the 2004 #1 pick in Alexander Ovechkin. He will not be the only star on the ice as Nikolai Zherdev, Dion Phaneuf and Joffrey Lupul will be keen to impress. These five players could be considered as the core of the Canes future.

“This is going to be my second camp,†said Phaneuf. “Like everyone else, I want to show what I have got and hopefully that would be good enough.â€

During this week long camp, the players will undergo conditioning workouts, training drills, scrimmages and orientation of Raleigh. The players will work with the coaching staff at the Canes and its affiliates. They will also be split into three groups.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Donga said:
This years camp will be headlined by the 2004 #1 pick in Alexander Ovechkin. He will not be the only star on the ice as Nikolai Zherdev, Dion Phaneuf and Joffrey Lupul will be keen to impress. These five players could be considered as the core of the Canes future.

ummmm....that's only 4 players. Or is Ovechkin so good he gets counted twice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad