Post-Game Talk: Canes d. Pens, the Kevin Pollock circus sideshow

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

I blame Cole. If he weren't always so positive about everything . . . :rant:

EDIT: About the officiating. If that third period had been officiated in a way that perhaps, for example, ****** Geno were a penalty, then the Pens may have ended the night with a point or two. That said, the final score is what the Pens deserved. Blame the officials for depriving the Pens of a point or two . . . maybe. Don't blame them for the result.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Anyways

Sid gets a box of pluses.

Pollock and friends a lump of minuses.

On another note, I'm convinced we no longer need Martin.

Fleury3434*

Jan 14, 2013
+++ Fleury (could have been a lot worse)
= geno
= sid
-kunitz (by far the laziest penguin out there on the ice tonight. THE DUDE JUST GLIDES AROUND ON THE ICE)
- goc getting injured
- martin
basically not a good game by anyone other than fleury

Michael8771*

Carolina deserved to win. They battled harder, got to the loose pucks, out executed us, outshot us. They dominated.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
I just hope that Goc isn't out too long. He makes the 4th line pretty much a non-factor (as opposed to a complete liability) and is an important part of the penalty kill.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
There's something seriously wrong with Kunitz right now. This is way beyond a slump. I've never seen anyone go from capable-NHLer to looks-like-they've-never-held-a-hockey-stick so quickly in all my life.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
++ Sid
+ Hornqvist, Despres, Letang, Geno, Comeau

---- Kunitz
-- Maatta and Martin
-- Sill and Adams
- Refs

Meh. Hope we respond better tomorrow.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Canes played a real good game.

Crosby looked real, real good.

Hard to argue with the last two penalties even if there were maybe some close calls the other way.

The end.

Michael8771*

Carloina visually looked faster and more in sync. It's as if they were one step ahead of us the entire game.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Anyways

Sid gets a box of pluses.

Pollock and friends a lump of minuses.

On another note, I'm convinced we no longer need Martin.

Welcome. :yo:

A few weeks ago, I suggested something like Martin and Dumo for Tlusty and Sekera, figuring it gives Carolina a nice D prospect they know and a defenseman they could leverage into a nice return at the deadline (perhaps as much as the other two). With Tlusty scoring the way he is, I'm doubt that's viable.

penguins2946*

Fleury played well and Crosby looked dominant at times. Otherwise, meh. We should have traded for Tlusty like yesterday.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
There's something seriously wrong with Kunitz right now. This is way beyond a slump. I've never seen anyone go from capable-NHLer to looks-like-they've-never-held-a-hockey-stick so quickly in all my life.

They're called legs or lack thereof.

CrozJawz*

Big minus to the coaching staff. The simply have ZERO answers for teams that clog up the neutral zone and forecheck like mad.

Fleury3434*

Jan 14, 2013

next game, i want you to watch kunitz. He has no hustle or hunger for the puck. I can tell you exactly why he sucks; hes not moving his feet! He literally just glides out there, and by the time he starts moving its "o **** pucks going to other way". If he would just skate he would get chances but he looks like plug right now thats for sure

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Carloina visually looked faster and more in sync. It's as if they were one step ahead of us the entire game.

It reminds me of the Isles games, perhaps because the Canes attacked and defended us tonight like the Isles did last weekend.

Michael8771*

Yeah Crosby played very well, he was flyng out there. Comeau, Geno and Hornqvist also. Letang was good at times but turned over the puck a couple times as well.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Kunitz isn't very good at hockey anymore. I've accepted it. Hopefully they bury him in the depth chart when legit players are brought in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad