Post-Game Talk: Canes @ Caps 7pm 1st in the standings, last in Corsi

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Just destroying everyone. And the crazy thing is nobody has come up with any kind of answer for it yet, other than trying to knock us around and hope the refs don't blow the whistle.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Oh, just up to a 65.8 5-on-5 GF%. That's only 4.4% higher than the next best team in the last ten years league-wide.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Again with the surgical victory.

As a Cap fan of course I am a pessimist so man I hope this break doesn't mess with the teams chemistry.

If a normal team was that good, they'd be the overwhelming favourites for the Cup. Since we're the Washington Capitals, we're only a maybe for the playoffs. If we lose again in the 2nd round, I'll throw my computer and TV out the window.

I'll throw MYSELF out the window.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Holtby 12-0 last 12 decisions. .930 save percentage on the year, NHL lead in shutouts, 1.94 gaa.

System goalie. Trade him.

Grubauer practically identical GAA and Save % despite being given mostly trap games, clearly Holtby irreplaceable and system has nothing to do with anything.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
As far as regular season hockey, this is heaven. Thank you, Caps.

Mission for next year -- 4 scoring lines! There's gotta be a couple more Connolly's lying around.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Grubauer practically identical GAA and Save % despite being given mostly trap games, clearly Holtby irreplaceable and system has nothing to do with anything.

Mostly trap games?? You mean against mainly weak teams?

Grubs has been excellent - but Holtby is still dominant consistently. He could win vezina 2nd year in a row....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad