GDT: Canes at the WJC

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
Necas looked so-so in the 1st. Had a good rush attempt and a few good stick plays but has been floating all over the ice without the puck. Zadina has looked more individually dangerous on his line.

CZE about to finish the last 2 minutes of the period with a PP.

Edit: one shot for Necas in the PP but he missed an open Zadina to take it. End of period.

Yeah that's what I saw. Necas had some flashes but wasn't outstanding. Zadina has looked head and shoulders more dangerous than anyone else on the ice, including Necas

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Taped the game so I'm a little behind, but USA looks like hot garbage in the 1st period (7 min left). Can't get a good shot through to save their lives, terrible PP, and can't pass...feel like I'm watching recent Checkers games.

Also, is Drury a scratch?

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Taped the game so I'm a little behind, but USA looks like hot garbage in the 1st period (7 min left). Can't get a good shot through to save their lives, terrible PP, and can't pass...feel like I'm watching recent Checkers games.

Also, is Drury a scratch?
They do look bad. 1-0 Slovakia. Drury was listed as the extra forward, so yes.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Was just watching the CAN-Swiss game from yesterday (taped/recorded), and wow, Comtois is such a tool...his dives in 2 games have been Crosby level. Anyone else think the reffing in that CAN-SWI game was an absolute atrocity? CAN gets away with a dirty kneeing, diving, late hits, obstruction, and generous whistle in the dying seconds where the puck is free and in front of an open net

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
Watched 2nd and 3rd periods.

Necas was on for the short handed winner by Russia where he couldn't catch up to the goal scorer.

Czech coach was playing the shit out of Kaut-zadina-necas.

He looks okay. He's an excellent playmaker. I can see him setting up a lot of Svech goals.

Little worried about his foot speed.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
That’s supposed to be his calling card!

Reminds me of Hanifin not being able to catch guys on partial breakaways when he’s the fastest guy on the ice.

Necas is very raw. It’s hard to say what gets polished and what doesn’t.

Hes a good skater. He just looks like he paces himself.
But when your coach is playing you 24 minutes night.....

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
US looks like they're trying to do individual skills competitions in the games (just watched recorded KAZ game)...I don't see them medaling if they play like that. Team play has been incredibly weak. Probably had 20 shots in the 3rd and most were Canes-like shots, hold-wind-shoot (half the time Nurek didn't even have to move his glove, they shot right to it). Maybe Canada 14-0 win set my expectations too high?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad