GDT: Canes and Caps show each other some love

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Spent today driving from Florida to Chicagoland. Only had the NHL radio broadcast with the Caps announcers. They were actually pretty good, gave props to the canes when deserved, said the first period was very un-Cane-like. Even said the the interference call on Oshie was the right call. The game kept me occupied from Indianapolis to Gary Indiana.

only 29 games until the playoffs, we need a scorer….
I also tuned into the Caps broadcast but just for the third period after we finished our movie.

They bitched and complained about it Oshie tried to avoid him, it wasn't GI, it wasn't GI, and then the call came, and I heard an audible "sigh.... I guess it was goal interference". I LOLed.

In the only period I saw I didn't think the Canes looked particularly good. Road win against a good team. They can't all be pretty. The good news for me is the Caps didn't get anything going on the 6-on-5. Otherwise we didn't look our usual defensive dominant selves.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I also tuned into the Caps broadcast but just for the third period after we finished our movie.

They bitched and complained about it Oshie tried to avoid him, it wasn't GI, it wasn't GI, and then the call came, and I heard an audible "sigh.... I guess it was goal interference". I LOLed.

In the only period I saw I didn't think the Canes looked particularly good. Road win against a good team. They can't all be pretty. The good news for me is the Caps didn't get anything going on the 6-on-5. Otherwise we didn't look our usual defensive dominant selves.
I actually think Joe Beninati does a pretty good job, but Laughlin really sucks. Even for a local broadcast color commentator he’s a legendary homer. The caps can do no wrong in his eyes. Even worse, he never calls by their names. It’s a constant stream of Ovie, Kuzy, Willy, and I absolutely f***ing hate it.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015

Oshie "tried to avoid him" in the same way the person who rear-ends you tried to avoid you...by slamming on their brakes far to late and maintaining a straight-line trajectory instead of steering away. "But officer I HIT MY BRAKES so it's not my fault, I TRIED to avoid them"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad