GDT: Canes @ Anaheim 2/3

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Rask is in way over his head. Though I guess that isn't anything we didn't already know.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
That game could not have summed up the Canes any better. Blowing a 2-goal lead, multiple 5-on-3 failures, earning a meaningless point and losing almost immediately in OT.

ChuckW

Keep the Hurricanes great!
May 15, 2009
Parts unknown
The funny thing is if the team played decently at the beginning of the season, the way they played during this stretch against the leagues top teams would have been perfectly acceptable. Unfortunately...

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I honest can't remember the last time I've laughed harder at a Canes game than last night. Brad Malone, of all players, is awarded (and scores on) the team's first penalty shot of the season.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Anyone else getting a little nervous about losing McClement?

That 4th line has looked effective on top of doing the heavy lifting on the #2 PK in the league. Hope they can lock him (and dwyer) up for another year or two at reasonable deals.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
^ They'd still need to bring in another center (or two) somewhere though.

There are a dozen Jay McClements out there. They are not in a position to not accept the 3rd or 4th round pick he will bring.

These are kind of conflicting statements. If you think he's replaceable, why not pick up an asset for him?

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
riley nash would be a great 4th line center on that line

Am I the only guy that would trade Nash as part of a bigger deal? Nash and Ward, Nash and Tlusty, Nash and Sekera....Riley's been okay and at the beginning of the year I thought he'd taken the next step. But over the last 15 games or so, he's come back to earth. He's a solid 3rd line center and that's it.

He is and will continue to be affordable for the next couple of years, but I think he's a very attractive sweetner to some deals that might be had.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
That Lindholm pass... Stuff like that keeps me really optimistic about his future.

Also, send Murphy back to Charlotte. That kid just can't handle being in his own end, a bit of an issue for a defenseman.

Last edited:

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Now that was vintage Semin!

Yep, a nice Semin-esque snipe. Except I'm pretty concerned for him as of late - after scoring goals, he seems utterly exhausted. It's like he has trouble breathing or something - anyone notice that? Anyway, go Semin - guy's super skilled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad