Confirmed with Link: Canes acquire Dylan Wells from Edm for Future Considerations

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Does the QO affect the ability to give a two-way contract
(iii) A Club's Qualifying Offer must be a One-Way Qualifying Offer if the applicable Player has: (A) actually played (excluding games missed for injury, illness or disability) 180 or more NHL Games in the previous three (3) NHL Seasons, (B) played at least sixty (60) NHL Games in the previous NHL Season, and (C) not cleared Waivers in the period between the 12th day prior to the commencement of the previous Regular Season and the end of a Club's previous Playing Season. For purposes hereof only, a goaltender is deemed to have played an NHL Game when he was dressed and on the bench as a backup. In all other cases, a Qualifying Offer may be a Two-Way Qualifying Offer.

Reactions: DaveG

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Now to remember, I had some time back a fruitful discussion with a visiting guy who noted that the thing intenciving a player to NOT take his QO is that the AHL minimum on a two-way contract is kind of horribad and an AHL-level can probably do better when signing a non-QO SPC.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
That's what I assumed and was my point. They didn't need him. Probably more than happy to get rid of him, even for essentially nothing, a few days early.
Yes. I was backing you up that the word is what you implied it would be.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
It's funny, I was wondering if there might be some sort of post expansion draft deal with Edmonton potentially shaping up too as part of this. Let's draw up the paperwork.
One wants to believe, but I kind of think that "future considerations" isn't but a speck of goodwill that can be remembered fondly if another trade between same teams happens to come up one day, or it can as well be paid forward among the members of the collective that are the NHL GMs

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad