Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Who the heck do we think put that speculation there

Even if he is not 100% if he is taking minutes away from Burns and DeAngelo, that only helps the Canes. Look at Fox on the ice for us right now. He is clearly not 100% but we are better with him

If he was in a boot, what ever he’s dealing with is more than what Fox has going on.

I doubt he’d be much better than either of those 2 in what ever shape he’s in now.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If he was in a boot, what ever he’s dealing with is more than what Fox has going on.

I doubt he’d be much better than either of those 2 in what ever shape he’s in now.
As a Canes season ticket holder I am going to respectfully disagree with you. And RBA also isn’t going to send Pesce out down 3-1 unless he feels the same

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
As a Canes season ticket holder I am going to respectfully disagree with you. And RBA also isn’t going to send Pesce out down 3-1 unless he feels the same

As a canes season ticket holder, do you know how hurt he is?

I don’t know what he’s dealing with (my HFDoc guess would be high ankle sprain, which you don’t get over in 2 weeks) but it’s bad enough to keep him out this long.

RBA and the team is desperate for wins, that doesn’t always lead to the smartest of decisions. We’ve seen our team rush people back way to soo, especially when rammer was here.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Wennberg wouldn't hit the water if he fell off the boat.

In game 3, Kakko made a nice pass to Wennberg which went through his legs. Wennberg was alone at the side of the net for the tap in.

In the game last night, Wennberg had a few opportunities to shoot the puck in the third period. Nothing.

If Chytil is healthy, put Chytil in between Cuylle and Kakko.

Wennberg can play with Goodrow and Vesey.

Agreed.

Reactions: deathb4disco

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
I just saw Dan Rosen’s tweet which makes it sound very clearly that it was in fact an illness which makes Laviolette being so coy with the media really frankly not the right thing to do knowing how sensitive a topic this is for everyone that genuinely cares about this kid as a person first hockey player second. Should have flat out said this isnt concussion related.
Honestly, the team being consistent with the vagueness should be expected. If you’re direct and clear when it’s a minor thing, then everyone knows that when you are vague, it’s serious, which eliminates some of the point of being vague to begin with.

Reactions: AirGut

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
Boston getting punchy tonight.

McAvoy delivered very hard hit 2 min in and later Pastrnak punched Lundell in the face for no reason, did draw a penalty for that but they killed it. Now they just scored. Lesson: beat the piss out of your opponent and score.

Lets play Rempe monday and beat on those Canes. Lets beat the piss out of them and win. Maybe Trouba can bang them up too.

Reactions: AirGut

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I just saw Dan Rosen’s tweet which makes it sound very clearly that it was in fact an illness which makes Laviolette being so coy with the media really frankly not the right thing to do knowing how sensitive a topic this is for everyone that genuinely cares about this kid as a person first hockey player second. Should have flat out said this isnt concussion related.
Why? To appease a few fans?

Reactions: TominNC

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I think the team & Lavi aren't going to say shit if they don't absolutely have to. They don't care about the fans that way. It's their job to win.

Information in a series against one team is valuable (& any subsequent teams we may face).

If Chytil wasn't feeling great due to concussion symptoms, why would they come out & say that?

He could be back in game 5 or later. IF other teams know, they may target him further.

This isn't new.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
As a canes season ticket holder, do you know how hurt he is?

I don’t know what he’s dealing with (my HFDoc guess would be high ankle sprain, which you don’t get over in 2 weeks) but it’s bad enough to keep him out this long.

RBA and the team is desperate for wins, that doesn’t always lead to the smartest of decisions. We’ve seen our team rush people back way to soo, especially when rammer was here.
As a season ticket holder I know how bad the other guys are; especially by comparison

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
As a season ticket holder I know how bad the other guys are; especially by comparison

When healthy? Agree.
When he just got a boot off? Yeah strong disagree. Especially if it’s a high ankle sprain.

It’s moot though. They’re going to get wrecked tomorrow and he isn’t playing.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Question for you guys. Is it my imagination or did the Rangers move around more in the offensive zone than they did in the previous two games? The Canes seemed to be very confused.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Why? To appease a few fans?

Yes that’s literally their job. They do press conferences literally to give us information who else do you think they’re answering to?

I think the team & Lavi aren't going to say shit if they don't absolutely have to. They don't care about the fans that way. It's their job to win.

Information in a series against one team is valuable (& any subsequent teams we may face).

If Chytil wasn't feeling great due to concussion symptoms, why would they come out & say that?

He could be back in game 5 or later. IF other teams know, they may target him further.

This isn't new.

Because if it’s due to concussion symptoms he’s likely done for good

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
When healthy? Agree.
When he just got a boot off? Yeah strong disagree. Especially if it’s a high ankle sprain.

It’s moot though. They’re going to get wrecked tomorrow and he isn’t playing.
RBA isn’t playing him if he isn’t going to be an upgrade

HANK30

Why not us?
Boston getting punchy tonight.

McAvoy delivered very hard hit 2 min in and later Pastrnak punched Lundell in the face for no reason, did draw a penalty for that but they killed it. Now they just scored. Lesson: beat the piss out of your opponent and score.

Lets play Rempe monday and beat on those Canes. Lets beat the piss out of them and win. Maybe Trouba can bang them up too.

Boston is playing desperate tonight like Carolina was on Saturday...Ranger should have been better prepared to weather the storm everyone knew was coming in period 1 of game 4. They woke up in period 2 but it was too late.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Boston is playing desperate tonight like Carolina was on Saturday...Ranger should have been better prepared to weather the storm everyone knew was coming in period 1 of game 4. They woke up in period 2 but it was too late.

Eh, I wouldn't say it was too late. They tied it and had a chance to win in the 3rd or OT but didn't. In close games that sometimes happens. This was the Canes' worst defensive effort and the Rangers' best offensive effort. IT boiled down to Igor not being as sharp and us blowing chance after chance.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We could literally win the Cup and watching a bum like Jacob Trouba lift it would still make me physically ill.

If there's ever proof how overrated being a captain is. Messier might be one exception but in like 94 a lot of hockey mythology still existed so everyone thought captains were more important than they are.

Reactions: mas0764

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
We are kidding ourselves if we don't see the obvious here. Chytil's issue flared up after he exerted himself.
But wouldn't that have happened the day after and not two days after? Just saying. He woke up sick on gameday.

Reactions: bhamill
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad